• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Tips to make the site better!

san chan

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Please fix these issues.
1) Every time I leave my cursor not moving the video tends to stop until I move the cursor again.
2) Make it so the of the lessons activate the drop down menu right when I hover over the squares.
3) Make it so that the volumes saves. It’s really tedious having to bring down the volume every single time.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I personally havent really foundation those problems yet 😅 I did Just think That it May Be cool to have like goals on your profile for each week(like techniques you wanna learn, songs you wanna Learn etc.) And it will be visible for other players too so when you look at someone else’s profile you can think ‘ooh hey in should work on That too’

TOLF

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Great topic! I agree with the point about the volume. It may be cool if we could just tick the lesson we did, like this we could see our progression! And the idea about the goals is cool!

Julian Barton

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I would also really like to see next to the bugs being fixed maybe a section for how to service your guitar. I love all the lessons but what happens when you are shredding and your string breaks? Not everyone wants to go spend money on string repairs. I have done a lot of research off of this site and personally found a lot of things scattered about how to restring and service my Floyd Rose. It would be cool to have all those kind of things within the site so new players don’t have to search everywhere for little tips. Also I really love Syn’s tips on the lessons I would love to see maybe some more things like that scattered around.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Rishav Bhardwaj

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Agree with Ids Schiere. There should be a personal calender like thing where you set goals, monitor your progress and view related lessons which could benefit overall understanding of the parent topic. Also the ability to set video quality to lower would highly benefit people who are on the move or those who have slower/pricier internet sources.

Jake Young

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Loving EVERYTHING this site has to offer!! As I’ve said before…the comprehensiveness of it as a whole blows me away! Just the way it’s inspiring people of all ages, beginners to advanced, is something truly magical! I do think it would be awesome if there was a place, maybe in the profile section, that we can click to see all the comments we’ve made and threads we’ve posted in for follow up questions and answers instead of trying to hunt everything down

Justin Mercer

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
The Community Riffs section is great and there is already a ton of interesting stuff on there! The hard part is sifting through all of the videos. It would be useful to organize the Community Riffs by adding a few basic categories like “Cover Songs”, “Community Lessons”, or “Original Material”.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Hector Trejo

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Houston, TX
Suggestions:
1) Favorites folder for lessons or other videos from other users to be stored for later
2) Being able to search other users by username or email
3) Having a “home” page where you can see the activity and videos uploaded by the people you follow. This includes the videos they commented on, liked, favorited, etc.
4) Making a community lesson section. We have “community riffs” where we can show off what we got which is awesome, but it’d be great to have “community lessons” where we upload lessons/tutorials for our fellow guitar players!
Overall great site! Super stoked to me a part of this! And again, thank you Syn and Papa Gates!

Kevan Hoong

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I’m personally loving the layout of the site so far. One thing that I think would benefit from a change though is the full screen option.
When you fullscreen at least for me I either get just the video or just the Tab/Sheet music with a tiny little video in the corner fixing the size ratio would be really cool since I like having it on fullscreen even if that means stretching the video