• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Way to Practice Ordinary and Bar Chors

Kutay Kerimoğlu

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey guys, I’ve been playing guitar on and off for several years, and been using this site for the last 2-3 weeks, can really say I’ve been finding it helpful. One thing I think I’m lacking (and couldn’t find much info about) is the way to practice the transition between bar and ordinary chords. I kinda can’t play lots of acoustic songs I like because I lack this. I wonder since there are dozens of them, how do you decide on which ones to pick when you practice, is here a general pattern I don’t know etc. Thank you for your time

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Most pop music music has a pattern(usually a II-V-I progression i think) How I practice transition to chords is by playing songs. Usuallyes there is a way to play it mostly in the same position(it is a Caged thing)

Ana Psuturi

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I had that problem too, when I just started. If a song had a transition for example from F to G, I was dwelling on that part for a while. The way I solved it – is first I used to ractice the transition part slowly, where I was comfortable with a chord change and after a while played it in a normal speed, hope it helps.

Synner Endless Summer Collection