• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What are you currently listening to?

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Meh, of the four new songs, I only like “Parasite Eve”. At least that song was interesting. The other songs are about on the same level as most of the songs from amo: mediocre. That’s just my opinion; if you like it, more power to you, but I’m just not digging a lot of their newer stuff. There is a Hell... is my favorite BMTH album.
Parasite Eve was still a bad combination of EDM and "metal" imo, haha. At least this new song tries to be Linkin Park consistently throughout the whole song, instead of going from genre to genre jarringly.

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
I feel insulted by you calling Mick Gordons synths "Bad edm" 🤣
It's not bad as its own thing, just within the context of BMTH I think it lacks. To me a lot of what they're doing right now is a bit try hard-ish, with how they're incorporating EDM and pop elements with the "heavier" stuff. Even the guitars are sampled to the brim. Architects have them beat with how they're incorporating electronic elements, imo at least.

marc2000z

Free Bird Player
Apr 29, 2020
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Parasite Eve was still a bad combination of EDM and "metal" imo, haha. At least this new song tries to be Linkin Park consistently throughout the whole song, instead of going from genre to genre jarringly.

Fair enough I guess. For me, it was extremely lacking. Even the weaker moments of That’s the Spirit (*cough* True Friends stab you in the front *cough*) are stronger than that song. Say what you want about That’s the Spirit; I thought that album had some jams like Throne and Avalanche and I even enjoy some of the more ‘controversial’ songs like Happy Song and Follow You 🤷‍♂️

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina

idk if this has been posted yet, this thread is hella active lol.
    But, I heard talk of it and had to see it for myself.
    I’m not a fan of pop music but I heard Miley cover Jolene awhile back and loved her voice. It felt more natural than the sound she gives on her pop albums so I had to listen and I honestly wasn’t disappointed. I actually really love it. But it makes me think how so many people, women especially try so hard to convey a “sound” that the labels want them to convey and they lose their individuality.

Reactions: carlosmqr