• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What are you currently listening to?

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    I have to say that I've been adventuring myself into a different world than rock and metal. I need something new... and I realized that classical music really has a special effect on me. So anyways, I wanted to share the Swan Themes with you guys from the ballet Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky. Of course there is something to say about the ballet in itself but actually when I listened to this song for the first time, the thing that stroke me is first how beautiful the composition and the arrangements are but also how much it reminded me of some modern classics.

More specifically, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that Tchaikovsky is a big influence on the great John Williams because of how much I hear both Star Wars and Harry Potter into this piece alone. And so that brings me into a point that I feel like a lot of people are intimidated by: actually wearing your influences on your sleeves.

Syn himself said at numerous point, notably in the last webinar, that to compose a song, solo or whatnot he borrows from different songs or other medium that he really loves and that influenced him and he reinterpretates it in his own creative way creating an entire unique piece that lives on it's own and has influence many other people (us for example)

In conclusion, Swan Lake stands on it's own as a beautiful ballet that is still played and performed to this day and will be for the next centuries and the themes John Williams composed for Star Wars, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones and so much more all took life of their own and carry their own legacy. One doesn't take anything away from the legacy of the others. Enjoy the song :)

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Woops @Donovan Etue was faster. I don't care, there's no such thing as too much Trivium
    Got the jump on you this time haha. Absolutely. No such thing. What's your thoughts on the new song? That big solo has got to be one of the fastest/wildest ones in a Trivium song that I've heard.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Got the jump on you this time haha. Absolutely. No such thing. What's your thoughts on the new song? That big solo has got to be one of the fastest/wildest ones in a Trivium song that I've heard.
    Heard it only once before school this morning. I definetly Like it, but I think it still has to grow on me. The First half is Just in your face with no big Hook to it but it Sounds Killer still. The Chorus is really catchy

Reactions: Ed Seith