• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What genre do you play ? Is someone here who dosen't even play guitar?

Joe Giumarello

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
New Jersey
www.tiktok.com
I’m into classic rock, hard rock and metal. Metallica, Avenged, Pantera, Linkin Park. I’d love to play John 5’s country/metal hybrid instrumentals but they’re absolutely insane. Hopefully I’ll get there with in the next 2 years with the help of this site because I do not have a guitar teacher anymore. Also I’ve been exploring gypsy style music a little and looking into the Dominant Phrygian scale and harmonic minor scale.

Gerben

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I like especially prog rock/prog metal, but I also like rock/metal in general. Bands like Dream Theater, Megadeth, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Marillion, Between the Buried and Me, ofc A7X, stuff like that.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Andreas Laich

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
When I startet playing guitar i took lessons for classical guitar, when i switched to electric guitar i stopped taking lessons and just played what i liked to listen to, which was mainly my chemical romance, billy talent, blink 182 and rise against at that time, and i still love to hear and play that kind of music
with a7x (and bullet for my valentine) i found my love for metal, which i consider to be my main genre now
a few years ago i started to discover the subgenres of metal, mainly considering listening, but i’d also like to learn a lot of different styles and genres on guitar
hopefully i will be able to play syn’s and advanced stuff, gipsy jazz, and much more someday!
also like jeff loomis a lot

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
What I’d like to play is a mix of various metal styles, mainly thrash, prog, black and melodeath. Most of my favorite bands fall into that category, so I guess I could be able to write riffs and melodies in those genres because I “understand” them. But I’d also like to take influences from non-metal genres such as classical, jazz and experimental. I wouldn’t play those styles per se, but I’d mix them with my metal, kinda like what Syn does.
I don’t know man, I have song ideas for these huge concepts, and most songs would be long and have multiple guitar solos and kick-ass riffs. That’s what I’m into haha.

I play metal. I play all types of metal and hard rock. I took jazz lessons growing up and have an appreciation for Jazz and blues but I mostly play and write around the metal genre. I enjoy bands along the lines of: Pantera, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Atreyu, Bullet for My Valentine, Lamb of God, Machine Head, Slipknot, and Avenged Sevenfold (Being my favorite)

Zé Marques

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Guitar hero made me want to play guitar. From guitar I discovered metal. And from then I discovered that I like guitar music. And from then I finally discovered what I like the most, melodic music. Music with harmony and feeling behind it. One example for me is I really like Polyphia’s stuff, but cannot stand Meshuggah and songs that are “basically” a chug and rhythm fest.

Synner Endless Summer Collection