• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What's your dream guitar collection?

The Raven

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
So let’s make a hypothetical situation. You all have $10,000 of your local currency to buy your dream guitar collection. This includes amps and speaker cabs if you so choose.
This being the case. You got $10,000. What’s your dream guitar collection? I may post mine in a couple of hours.

The Raven

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Alright necroposting my own thread. Been a busy month!
Here is my dream set for my playing. Explanations on a couple things (everything *’d) can be found below in the post
-Guitars-
$3000 custom guitar *
$1200 Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR with custom pickup set *
$1300 Hellraiser Hybrid C-1 FR with custom pickup set *
$600 Alvarez Artist Series AG610CEAR Acoustic
-Audio-
$400 speaker cabinets (Harley Benton G212 Vintage x2)
$1000 Krank full sized tube amp (Model I was looking at was about $700 used so I’m including for shipping and a case) *
$230 Gator G-TOUR Petal Board
$100 MXR Fullbore Distortion Pedal*
$100 MXR MC401 Boost Pedal*
$600 in Misc Pedals (Don’t really matter for me from here)
-Misc-
$200 Samson Airline 88 wireless guitar system *
$100 Mass set of Wooden 2mm picks ($7 a piece + shipping)
$100 Custom Locking Strap
Total = roughly $9,000
-Explanations for those who care-
Custom guitar-
I used Halo Guitars to get the basic graphic I wanted for demonstration.

I don’t care too much about wood on my guitars. I’d want it to be durable and well made but I don’t care too much about weight or any other difference. I’d want the Zakk Wylde EMG humbucker set (roughly $200 new) with a Floyd Rose Special Edition bridge and locking nut (Cheapest I saw was $100 new) with Grover Locking Tuners (The set I want runs about $120) the expensive part would be the graphics I would want on an ebony fretboard (I was estimated from a custom shop for $750 just for the fretboard) After adding it all up the guitar itself would run me about $2500-3000 so we will say $3000 to even it out
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR with custom pickup set-
I want the C1 Hellraiser with an FR and the Het Set pickups. My friend had a C1 Hellraiser (non FR) With the Het Sets and when I played one of my songs on it I fell in love.
Hellraiser Hybrid C-1 FR with custom pickup set-
I want a Hellraiser Hybrid with a Dimebag Pickup Set. A lot of my songs and playing has been inspired by Dime and I love his pickup set. I have a Dime ML Flame with them in it and it sounds fantastic.
Krank full sized tube amp-
I want a Krank tube amp, again, inspired by Dime and his playing. I have a Krank Solid State I bought used for $200 that I love but it doesn’t have the same tone as I got from the Tube Amp I used to use.
MXR Pedals-
My same friend with the Hellraiser has these pedals and they sound incredible. I couldn’t get over how well they worked.
Samson Guitar System- I used a wireless guitar system at a small venue I played last year. It worked so well I wanted to get one for myself.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Couldn’t tell you my dream guitar.. kind of have to play them to know you know what I mean?
I can tell you what I want tho. Thick juicy chunky tone.
I love my reverb pedal and my delays.. the chorus. Wah.
I love my revenger for its tone. Its heavy too so you work up a bit of a sweat at first. Good guitar to get you in playing shape.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jake Arnold

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Traverse City
Oh god, I have wanted a left handed Gibson explorer since I started playing when I was 13. I saw Claudio from Coheed and Cambria playing one and thought it was such an awesome guitar. Only problem is the lefty curse… now it’s getting better than it has been, but the companies never make ALL of the cool guitars lefty, so I have never actually seen a lefty explorer. 🙁 lol
So if I had 10,000 to spend I would absolutely get one of those made. Other than that I would totally get an acoustic electric Godin to match my “Exit 22” I got from them like 10 years ago, and then a Kiesel guitar for sure! I’d never heard of kiesel until a couple months ago but they make such gorgeous guitars if you haven’t checked them out.
….of course I would have to throw the Syn model in there too bc it’s probably one of the most unique signature guitars I’ve seen. hahah

The Raven

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Thats a beautiful guitar Jake! I don’t know where you live but I went on Sweetwater and found a LH Gibson Explorer. Might be worth looking into. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DSX219LSECH–gibson-explorer-tribute-2019-left-handed-satin-ebony