• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Written vs video tutorials - which one and why?

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    Hey synners.

Jak the everpresent admin came up with a good suggestion regarding the theory threads, in that they could work in video form.

So I ask you, beginners and intermediates, which one do you think would work better for theory threads?

Any sort of feedback is appreciated. I just want to know in what direction should I go with them.

Thanks,
    Andrei

Andrew Milner

• Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    I prefer written we with theory since that allows to quickly look up things and I'm usually better with written explanations than with visual ones. If there are charts showing which fret to press I'm good. Also, don't know whether I'm the demographic for your lessons but figured I could share my two cents.

I'm curious of feedback from all students, both beginners, and experts. I think the level at which you're at doesn't really deter from whether you're a reader or a video-er.

J

Jak Angelescu

I'm curious of feedback from all students, both beginners, and experts. I think the level at which you're at doesn't really deter from whether you're a reader or a video-er.

"Video-er" I love it! Hopefully you can get good feedback! For me, your write-ups are like notes for class. But we need the teacher to present them. My opinion, of course. I can always pin a poll for you if you'd like

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Andrew Milner

• Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    "Video-er" I love it! Hopefully you can get good feedback! For me, your write-ups are like notes for class. But we need the teacher to present them. My opinion, of course. I can always pin a poll for you if you'd like

Not at the moment, thanks :D.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Feel free to chime in with whatever other ideas you may have.