• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Axe-FX III – Cab Preset Question

Tanner Bessinger

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
So Gates just sent out an email a few days ago detailing the new amp packs he uses. I’m super interested, but I’m confused how the fractalaudio stuff works.
Do I need to purchase the $2,000+ preamp from fractalaudio to utilize these? Or is there a separate software I can download/buy for standalone and plugin?
Currently, I use the Line6 UX2 for my computer/recording needs. I’m wondering if I could obtain the software needed to use these cabs, load that into my DAW and just use the UX2 as my gateway from guitar to computer.
Basically my question boils down to: do I need to purchase a preamp from fractalaudio to use these packs?
Thanks in advance.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    @tanner – NO. Hard stop.
    Unless you have a Fractal Audio AxeFX HARDWARE UNIT, these cab packs will be useless. They can’t be converted.
    I am going to be doing a livestream demo and Q&A soon for tech in music (AxeFX, Syn’s cab pack, recording software, etc) and also a segment on dialing in tone on a new amp and some high-level effects discussion. Keep watching here for details.

Jacob Rash

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    yeah do not buy the cab packs unless you have an axe fx. i have cab lab and jumped the gun on the cab packs, luckily the customer support staff have been phenomenally helpful in getting me a refund and covering me for cab lab. they really didn’t need to do that but i have tons of respect for them for doing that!