• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Beginner Guitar & Amp Recommendations

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
Staff member
Legend+
Fucking Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Hey Guys (and Girls)
I’m getting a lot of requests to recommend inexpensive (but still playable) beginner practice amps & guitars. I’m partial to Squire Strats & Epiphone Les Pauls. Also Yamaha Acoustics. All of these are in the 200 dollar range. What are your thoughts?

soren a

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I personaly like the Jacksons or schecter both make nice guitars for pretty good quality btw hi and as for the amp i really like the yamaha thr series very nice amps with alot of settings and effects

G

I also have an epiphone les paul. I grabbed the starter pack with the epi practice amp. Nothing fancy but gets the job done.
Hey Matt, it’s strange that your les paul tends to stay out of tune. I haven’t had any problems with mine.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jake Young

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I second Papa Gates! I also always recommend Kramer’s. I learned on a $69. Kramer..and 18 years later I still enjoy that guitar! For amps you can’t go wrong with a Line 6 I believe they start at around $100. Even their top of the line models won’t break the bank. You can get pretty awesome tones for all genres with built in effects for not a whole lot of money!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I still play through a Roland cube and for practicing Its fine art de it is alsokay Pretty affordabLe. As for guitars a lot of guitar branches have a side branche like epiphone, Squier and Esperanto. Also Ibanez and schecter sell some Pretty affordable guitars and nice the have a name to uphold in always have faisal That those will be decent guitars.

John Mlg

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Yo!
For me the best brand ever for beginner to intermediate is Cort by far. I loved every Cort i played on (4 different guitars) and would advice them to any new player. As for amp, a small Roland Kirk Hammet signature is pretty cool or the usual Line 6 does the work and it’s pretty fun to play with the effects when you begin. You’re welcome 🙂