• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Show me your guitar babies

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019

My battle axe is a Solar E1.6 FBB. I got it last october, and I count it as my first real guitar. Before that I played an Ibanez Gio GRG121DX, but I sold it. My Solar is everything I need in a guitar at the moment. It is pretty heavy (probably heavier than any Les Paul), but well balanced, neck is thin and flat, but not too thin or too flat, the stainless steel jumbo frets are easy to play and won't show any serious wear in a long time, the locking tuners + evertune system is just a nice quality of life improvement on tuning stability, as long as you don't switch tunings all the time (I keep it on Eb standard, with some excursions to E standard, so evertune stays set up in Eb).
    The Seymore Duncan Solar pickups are nice and warm, and I'm getting a lot of tones out of them that I like. Recently I'm going mostly for Slash-like tones. If I'm ever getting a Les Paul, I might switch the Solar pickups for fishman fluence modern active pickups, and go full death metal with it, and use the LP for Hard Rock tones instead.
    But yeah, thats my babe.
    It looks really cool :D

Reactions: chris_is_cool

iridecently

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Jun 5, 2020
    Groningen
    I just have one for now, a Squier Bullet Mustang (bought June 2020). It's kind of super basic and cheap, but honestly so far it has been able to everything I want it to and I'm just a sucker for offset guitars so it was kind of an easy pick really :D
    But also I won't lie and say I don't already have my eye on a dozen other guitars I want but don't have the money or space for 😂

guitarb.png

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I just have one for now, a Squier Bullet Mustang (bought June 2020). It's kind of super basic and cheap, but honestly so far it has been able to everything I want it to and I'm just a sucker for offset guitars so it was kind of an easy pick really :D
    But also I won't lie and say I don't already have my eye on a dozen other guitars I want but don't have the money or space for 😂

View attachment 1372
    Selling things provides money AND space! Helpful hint!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Nice, Ids! Great top on that! And an interesting neck - tell me more?
    It's a chapman ML-1 Hybrid cali.

The body is mahogany with a quilted maple top and the neck is roasted maple.

The pickups are Chapman Sonorous Zero in the bridge and Chapman Venus Witch Zerø Single-Coils in the neck and middle position.

It has Graphtech TUSQ nut and a two point tremolo.

Quite a good bang for the buck I would say

Reactions: Ed Seith