• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Best distortion pedal for syn tone/sound?

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Bear in mind, it was intended for release in early 21, and is still no closer to release. There are a lot of global supply chain issues, especially for electronic components, which may be hampering progress. I haven't asked him about this in a while. I will ask for updates on the Legends webinar tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    There was a couple threads here if you search for them you may find them or people making replica tones. May be a couple on YouTube too if you cant wait.

Me myself I dont bother trying to copy his tone cause his play style for one is completely different from mine. The chances of us sounding the same is very slim.

Reactions: Ed Seith
    Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Okay, so I asked Syn about this on the live SynTV event earlier today (this one was only for Legends), and he said the amp is delayed because what he wanted to do costs more than he feels should be a price point, and he's still working out how to make it happen, and the signature distortion pedal is delayed until certain parts are available. Global supply chain problems, especially with electronics, are entirely the issue here, and while he has a place "in line" for the needed components, he does NOT have an availability date.

He promises to be transparent about it and shares any and everyone's frustration with the delays. Hope this helps.

In the meantime, there's always the Revv G3 or G4, or the Horizon Devices Precision Drive.

Upvote 0

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Where can I find news on when it releases or news on it?
    Here will be the best place to find it. At present there's no release date. Per the inaugural chat with Syn on SynTV last week, he is "in queue" for the needed parts, but there is no timeline and no commitment, and all he can do is wait. Covid-induced global supply chain issues, especially on electronic components.

When there's news, he'll share it here first, either directly, or through us.

Upvote 0

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    How can a company not atleast give an estimated date or parts being sent. That tells me they themselves arent making those parts for the same reasons.

I'm ok with waiting gives me time to save up for what will most likely be a limited supply in both cases.
    They may be giving unreliable estimates, and he doesn't want to share that and disappoint when it gets pushed back? I dunno. All I know is that Syn is as bummed about it as we are.

Upvote 0

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    They may be giving unreliable estimates, and he doesn't want to share that and disappoint when it gets pushed back? I dunno. All I know is that Syn is as bummed about it as we are.
    If I were him if be a little annoyed for sure. It's a good thing he didnt give a release time himself or hed be the one getting hate from people. I be asking for discounts too on those parts. I'm sure they told.him.theyd be there sooner in the beginning. Sounds like poor marketing on the companies.behalf. and I'm assuming no other company has the parts he needs nor hed be elsewhere already.

Upvote 0

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    If I were him if be a little annoyed for sure. It's a good thing he didnt give a release time himself or hed be the one getting hate from people. I be asking for discounts too on those parts. I'm sure they told.him.theyd be there sooner in the beginning. Sounds like poor marketing on the companies.behalf. and I'm assuming no other company has the parts he needs nor hed be elsewhere already.
    It's likely not their fault either, and the shortage is driving prices up globally, not discounting them. It's not marketing, it's all downstream Covid.

Upvote 0

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Okay, so I asked Syn about this on the live SynTV event earlier today (this one was only for Legends), and he said the amp is delayed because what he wanted to do costs more than he feels should be a price point, and he's still working out how to make it happen, and the signature distortion pedal is delayed until certain parts are available. Global supply chain problems, especially with electronics, are entirely the issue here, and while he has a place "in line" for the needed components, he does NOT have an availability date.

He promises to be transparent about it and shares any and everyone's frustration with the delays. Hope this helps.

In the meantime, there's always the Revv G3 or G4, or the Horizon Devices Precision Drive.
    He has another amp and pedal coming out? I thought he was all Axe FX now.

Upvote 0

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    He has another amp and pedal coming out? I thought he was all Axe FX now.
    AxeFX is for live sound. In the studio he’s a mad scientist with amps and pedals. Probably always will be.

I actually talked about the amp with him yesterday. He’s still tinkering. Adding an ohm switch now, and hopes it will be out by the end of the year, but with touring and stuff, I’m not so sure about that. The distortion pedal should release aT the same time. Prototypes of both are all over LIBAD.

Upvote 0

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    AxeFX is for live sound. In the studio he’s a mad scientist with amps and pedals. Probably always will be.

I actually talked about the amp with him yesterday. He’s still tinkering. Adding an ohm switch now, and hopes it will be out by the end of the year, but with touring and stuff, I’m not so sure about that. The distortion pedal should release aT the same time. Prototypes of both are all over LIBAD.
    What company is making the amp?

Upvote 0