• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Bridge Pickup

Noah Berends

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hey fellas, so I have a Schecter that came with a Seymour Duncan Full Shred, and it’s great and all, but it’s very focused on the midrange and thus doesn’t sound very good in clean tones or low drive tones. As much as I love playing metal, I’d like to have something with a more diverse set of tones that can compliment the tones from the Sustainiac pickup well, since they’re two very different sound sets. So I was wondering what y’all’s favorite bridge pickups are. I’ve used an EMG 57 a lot and I reeeeeeally love how it sounds, and the install would be easy since I already have a battery cavity for the Sustainiac. Even so, I’d like to hear what others think.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I personally never really looked into pickups that much, I’ve always just used stock pickups. All I know that besides the sustainiac I don’t really like active pickups but if you like the emg-57 a lot you maybe you can go for that one. I’m not really familiar with whole active thing but if you want the sustainiac and an emg don’t you need two battery compartments?

Noah Berends

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Wayne, IN
    @Ids I was told since the Sustainiac already runs off a battery, I could hook up another active pickup to the same power-giving line and it would get the power. It makes sense since if you have two EMG’s, they also run off one battery.
    @dominik yeah those two are alright, but the 57 is more attuned to a classic humbucker, with the clarity of an active pickup, so I like the sound.

Ian Stuart

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Check out Bare Knuckle pickups!
    I just got a Miracle Man set and they sound insane! So versatile I absolutely love them!
    They’ve got a huge collection to choose from and each has a selection of tone samples so you can really get the feel of them before you buy!

Synner Endless Summer Collection