• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Digital Effects

Sebastian Cavallaro

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi there,
I am currently studying music and just started to learn about digital effects, and I was curious about learning more about them, since they were something that I have not really tried in the past. I just wanted to know what people have tried/tested and if it has affected how they write/play?
Thanks in advance

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I kinda like effects that make my guitar like it is not a guitar. It diffinetely influences my writing when I use certain effects(not sure how though). I’ve used delay, reverb, wah,
Univibe, phaser, chorus, flanger and tremolo. I kinda like all of them

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I love wah, chorus. My two favourite for sure. Phaser is neat too, kind of like wah. Even more fun to mix them all, I think my most used is definitely chorus. Adds a bit of a crack into some notes I guess you could say. Add a bit of delay and its magic.

Sebastian Cavallaro

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Yeah, it’s definitely interesting how can change your sound. I find it amazing how you can take the sound of a guitar and transform into something completely different with a few pedals. I was learning today about MIDI instruments and how they change to something completely different instruments, like a guitar playing like a piano, I am not sure 100% it worked but I found the topic interesting none the less.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I can see that happening with todays technology. I mean, if you can make a computerized amp, you can take a guitar and make it a piano. Altho, I have no idea why you’d want to simulate a piano when you could play it and enjoy the instrument. Im looking into buying one myself. There’s a few songs I wanna learn.