• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Eddie Van Halen Tributes

Syn Gates

🦾
Staff member
Legend+
Sep 18, 2019
Huntington Beach
I'm sure most of you know by now, but we lost one of our guitar Godfathers, Eddie Van Halen. Because of this being a great guitar community with so many people that love and respect him, I'm opening up submissions for a EVH tribute video.

There are no rules.
You don't need fancy equipment.
You can play rhythm or lead.
No duration restrictions.
ALL LEVELS OF SKILL WELCOMED AND ENCOURAGED.

This is just something I want to put together for the school and to show off on my instagram page and maybe @Salman AlKh (who runs the unofficial school IG page) can share it there as well.

Deadline for submissions is Tuesday, October 13th until I wake up on October 14th.
Please post your submission here in this thread.
Let's honor our fallen King.
Brilliant idea Jak!!

Syn Gates

🦾
Staff member
Legend+
Sep 18, 2019
Huntington Beach
EVH was The Godfather of guitar. His innovations spanned far and wide. He is most famously known for bringing tapping to rock guitar but my favorite part about his playing was his attitude.

There was such an excitement and command to his playing. His bends were next level, his feel was second to none, and the fluidity of his solos was as smooth AND chaotic as an actual volcanic “Eruption”.

He was beyond a generational talent. The guitar was a true extension of his mind, heart, and soul. There are maybe 3 or 4 guitar players EVER, that I’ve heard change the way the guitar is looked at. He happens to be the GOAT in my humble opinion because he influenced hundreds of millions MORE than 2nd place.

RIP EVH

Synner Endless Summer Collection

beatrix

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    EVH was The Godfather of guitar. His innovations spanned far and wide. He is most famously known for bringing tapping to rock guitar but my favorite part about his playing was his attitude.

There was such an excitement and command to his playing. His bends were next level, his feel was second to none, and the fluidity of his solos was as smooth AND chaotic as an actual volcanic “Eruption”.

He was beyond a generational talent. The guitar was a true extension of his mind, heart, and soul. There are maybe 3 or 4 guitar players EVER, that I’ve heard change the way the guitar is looked at. He happens to be the GOAT in my humble opinion because he influenced hundreds of millions MORE than 2nd place.

RIP EVH
    rip Eddie. he was THE genius. we will never forget him. and remember that legends NEVER die.🖤

VizualSwami

Campfire Attention Holder
    Sep 28, 2020
    Vermont
    Truly a legend. Van Halen was one of the first rock bands I loved as a kid and definitely one of the reasons I started playing guitar. I hope he's still shredding on the other side. Rest in peace.

I'm working on learning the Ain't Talking 'Bout Love rift in his honor.

chris_is_cool

Hot Topic Tourer
    Apr 18, 2020
    Cologne, Germany
    I learned Ain't Talking 'bout Love this summer, I could barely do it at like 30% original speed back then :ROFLMAO: . I'm gonna clean it up a bit and post my version by the weekend at the latest,by now I should be able to make it at 80% :LOL:. As I said in the other thread, Eddie was the master of lead and rythm, no way I could do it actual justice but I'll try.

• Love
    Reactions: Jak Angelescu

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    I could try to have a go at eruption....I mean It's a good tapping challenge. The iconic tapping solo.

I will try
    Holy shit.....I sometimes underestimate myself but this time I did an 180 and thought I was mr guitar hero....EVH....sorry I did not understand what you did...