• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Eddie Van Halen Tributes

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    I’m a beginner and it’s not much, so I hope it’s enough. I was never good at arpeggios, but I figured challenging myself was the least I could do for Eddie. I hope you guys like this. I attempted the intro to Pretty Woman.
    😍 Rowan !!! This is great !!!!! I’m so proud of you girl !!!!

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Since everyone seems to be posting progress videos, here's mine. This is a style I don't think I've ever attempted. If I did ANYTHING like this, I haven't touched it since the mid-90s, at the latest, so go easy on me. The tone is a "country twang" for a Strat that I downloaded from the Fractal AxeChange site.

Sound great Ed ! But I have to ask....the man who owns so many guitars doesn’t have a fender strat ?!?! What kind of blasphemy is that !! 🤣

• Love
    Reactions: Ed Seith

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    thank you!!!! I’ve been watching and learning a bit from you, girlie! 😘
    Awww omg I cannot even begin to tell how amazing that makes me feel ! I love you so much girl and I love seeing you branch out from your comfort zone ! This makes me so fucking happy and I’m so god damn proud of you !!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Sound great Ed ! But I have to ask....the man who owns so many guitars doesn’t have a fender strat ?!?! What kind of blasphemy is that !! 🤣

Fender Strats don't have the features I want. I found the Strat I wanted when I bought this EBMM. Roasted flamed neck, STAINLESS FRETS, and active hum cancelling on the single coil pickups are a great recipe for a better Strat than a Strat! I also looked at the PRS Silver Sky, but balked at a $2200 price tag for a plain finish and nickel frets.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    @Ed Seith your video sounds good, maybe just play that on repeat throughout the song, till your bored or tired. Sometimes when you try to match the speed, you get good mistakes that improve the attack. I don't think I know that song.

Should I post progress on mine? I can't play two parts at full speed, it gets too cramped at the 20th fret pulling off to 17 really fast. It sounds sloppy, I use all 4 fingers to bend and my annular finger lags a little bit and adds noise going fast. I'm at like 30-40% sight reading
    speed for Eruption. I haven't compared it to the actual track, can't tell if my hand is getting hurt or stronger. I might to go easy for a day to rest, adjusting my picking hand is a workout.

I hope to play it at 80% before the deadline. Worried about 2 parts in particular

Reactions: Ed Seith

RoaringRowanThunderBender

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Warrenton, NC
    rowm76.wixsite.com
    Awww omg I cannot even begin to tell how amazing that makes me feel ! I love you so much girl and I love seeing you branch out from your comfort zone ! This makes me so fucking happy and I’m so god damn proud of you !!
    Hehe, it should~ I love you too girlie! Thank you for always being so supportive! It means so much to me.

• Love
    Reactions: Alicia Willis