• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Extreme improv Challenge 👺👺👹👹😱😱

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Mine today is full of mistakes, this time not because I was lost. Problem is again that the track was fast and my fingers couldn’t follow my ideas 😅
I really need to make an effort and spend some time trying some more advanced techniques.
I’m happy though because there are some parts I really like and with practice I guess could get some cool licks

Nice! You're definetely getting there! Transforming ideas from your head on to the fretboard is a very hard thing to do but comes with lots of practice so you'll get there for sure!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Another track way over my head :eek:
    Didn’t know which my scale was but found some notes that fitted pretty well and they became my safe place on the fretboard 😂
    Fun to try anyway. It does have some old time flavor.

:D Maybe you can slide those chords/double-stops up or down 1-2 frets back and forth. Might work, is that Reverb?

Reactions: Mariler

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    mines uploading

@Mariler Ferrer I like that intro riff part and when you repeated it, super cool you did the double-stop thing with a slide :D
    The repeated riff thing is called a "Motif" is it not? I heard that kind of riff in a lot of songs I liked, that's a real nice tempo and tone. Might have went a half step up on the end part of it, not sure. GJ!

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: Mariler

KnifemareNix

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 17, 2020

I am new, Mostly everyone I practice with or play around say i have a different kind of ear for music. If that's true or not i have no idea. Enjoy !

WATCHERS WARNING : I'm a slow, new player- Timing sucks, everything sucks =) LOL