• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Extreme improv Challenge 👺👺👹👹😱😱

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen

This is my take - very rough around the edges but it was a fun challenge! (ft. my cat, Crowley)

I've noticed my camera/recording fear really interferes with my flow with these, so things start to get more natural feeling towards the end of the improv - if only people could hear the tempo of my heartbeat during recording haha!
Sounds killer!

• Love
Reactions: Chris Johnston
Synner Endless Summer Collection

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    It's whatever, I'm happy with it. Tried too hard a few times and messed me up. Also tried to sneak in some of the seize the day stuff but it didn't work out on some parts. My sloppy sweeps :D One note sounded cool to me and I tried to run with it, I should have, but I just went back to safety. I was waiting for the song to end but it never did xD

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    It's whatever, I'm happy with it. Tried too hard a few times and messed me up. Also tried to sneak in some of the seize the day stuff but it didn't work out on some parts. My sloppy sweeps :D One note sounded cool to me and I tried to run with it, I should have, but I just went back to safety. I was waiting for the song to end but it never did xD
    Some really nice licks in there man! Liked the harmonics aswell 🤟

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    Thanks Chris, you and Ids both got some cool stuff too :D Your heart was racing? Could be nerves, don't sweat it, just keep breathing :D
    Thanks man! Yeah I struggle with recording/performing nerves & putting a lot of pressure on myself in general, that makes things I can do well off camera go a bit shaky, but I'm working on it! :geek:

Reactions: William B.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Some things, you seem to do something with the hands you don't hold your pick with. It's probably easier to play clean when you keep your hand as a wrist. Another thing, try to tell a bit more of a story in your solo instead of just playing licks you know(motif/melody is very important). There where definitely some good things in there, keep it up!