• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Extreme improv Challenge 👺👺👹👹😱😱

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    This one was so so tricky. And in no way a one take wonder! But every take was different from the last until I did something I didn't hate. I tried to stop myself from mindlessly noodling by using a Bubble trem effect on my guitar for the later half of the solo too 🤟 I think the hardest part of this was that the chords in the 2nd half don't change when you'd expect them to compared to the 1st half, so you've got to do double the work before the V chord. Thanks again for the challenge Ids!

Last edited:
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    Me too, you weren't lying. Every chord stays one bar longer than your expect it to be and especially that little break in the middle messes things up, I pretty much lost track of where I was after that bit.
    Totally man! It was so disorienting 😂 Gonna watch yours after I finnish work 👌

Reactions: idssdi

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    - What can I say, this sucked because I'm in a hell of a mood today :LOL: I decided to channel my inner frustration into my bends at the end, so some of it worked out! And the odd chord lengths were a killer yet again, I kept resolving to when I thought the IV was going to land and realizing it was still on the I and shaking my head :LOL:

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    - What can I say, this sucked because I'm in a hell of a mood today :LOL: I decided to channel my inner frustration into my bends at the end, so some of it worked out! And the odd chord lengths were a killer yet again, I kept resolving to when I thought the IV was going to land and realizing it was still on the I and shaking my head :LOL:
    Nice! I'm mentally preparing to do it somewhere between 7-8 pm tonight 😂

Reactions: Chris Johnston