• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Favorite licks?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Usually I do the standard rock n roll riffs a lot. Also there is this weird Dd7/Cmaj/Bdim7/Dadd9 arpeggio lick I came up with that i like to do sometimes when I’m improvising over minor swing. Than there is a whole range of stuff I stole from the Blues guys, Syn and Django Reinhardt

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I dont have any warm up licks or songs. I usually just get right into the business of things. But then again, my first song has a lot of simple finger moments that could warm up your hands very well.
But if theres any riffs or licks I enjoy randomly playing, one of them has to be DR feel good or kickstart my heart. My two favourite motley crue jams. Very simple to play for the most part, and so much vibe. Plus the wah solo in kickstart is to die for.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
the sweeps in almost easy’s solo are messed up. Sometimes I feel people put sweeps in the most awkward spots in a song or solo, but I feel syn makes it sound so natural that it never really sounds out of place. I feel a lot of people sweep just for the sake of doing it.