• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Favorite Memory From Our Queen Cat ?!

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Hey y’all !

Its not goodbye, our Queen is still here and likely now we will get much more of her love, affection, and perhaps gnarly growls 😉

But,I wanted to ask you all, what was your favorite Jak moment ? Let’s take a little time to reminisce on how this amazing human being made this community fucking great !

For me, it’s always been her caring attitude. I came to this school knowing absolutely nothing (I still know nothing but that’s besides the point 🤪)
    She was the FIRST person to push me to post more and show my progress when I felt like I had nothing to show, just as she did for so many of the other beginners just starting their guitar journey.

Also, she coined the phrases: “Dominik? Fuck that guy”, “Captain Ed”, “My kittens”, and so on and so forth....

Idk about y’all, but I’m kind of ready to see her really let loose in these comments and forums because she’s got some wicked comebacks ! 😂

let’s make her day and share our fav stories ! 😃

Kat the metalhead

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 20, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    The caring attitude just like you said! I see her as a big sister! She has always pushed me to improve and made me get out of my comfort zone!

If it wasn’t for jak I would have never been active on this school or even posted any videos of me playing! She is also always there for me when I’m feeling down, just need to chat or vent.

I feel so dumb cuz I even thanked syn for the school cuz if it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t have met jak 😅

I’d have to say my favourite moments with jak are when I make memes of things going on in our life’s :ROFLMAO: Just hearing her laugh so hard at my dumb memes makes my day :ROFLMAO:

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    The caring attitude just like you said! I see her as a big sister! She has always pushed me to improve and made me get out of my comfort zone!

If it wasn’t for jak I would have never been active on this school or even posted any videos of me playing! She is also always there for me when I’m feeling down, just need to chat or vent.

I feel so dumb cuz I even thanked syn for the school cuz if it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t have met jak 😅

I’d have to say my favourite moments with jak are when I make memes of things going on in our life’s :ROFLMAO: Just hearing her laugh so hard at my dumb memes makes my day :ROFLMAO:
    Omgsh yes!!! Her laugh is infectious af !

G

Gemma G.S.

I haven't been active for long, and now I regret that because it seems like I've missed out on a lot 😂 But even in the short time I HAVE been active, all I've seen from Jak has been support in a whole bunch of different forms - including tough love, as mentioned above! Which we all sometimes need!!

Indirectly, she also motivated me to post something, even though it wasn't perfect by ANY means. She's p much rad as hell and I think we're all lucky to exist in the same timeline as her :rock-hand:

Synner Endless Summer Collection
    J

Jak Angelescu

I haven't been active for long, and now I regret that because it seems like I've missed out on a lot 😂 But even in the short time I HAVE been active, all I've seen from Jak has been support in a whole bunch of different forms - including tough love, as mentioned above! Which we all sometimes need!!

Indirectly, she also motivated me to post something, even though it wasn't perfect by ANY means. She's p much rad as hell and I think we're all lucky to exist in the same timeline as her :rock-hand:
    Thank you so much Gemma! That means so much to me. I hope to continue to motivate you with my future endeavors🤗

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    I signed up not too long ago, and, as Gemma said, I've missed out on a lot!! But I can honestly say that Jak has been and IS an inspiration as a guitarist and as a person! She never ever gives up and is the example of the fact that real hard work pays off! As this community leader her work has been over the top and love that she is always willing to help others in anything she can.
    We are really lucky to have you here bellezza 🖤🖤

J

Jak Angelescu

I signed up not too long ago, and, as Gemma said, I've missed out on a lot!! But I can honestly say that Jak has been and IS an inspiration as a guitarist and as a person! She never ever gives up and is the example of the fact that real hard work pays off! As this community leader her work has been over the top and love that she is always willing to help others in anything she can.
    We are really lucky to have you here bellezza 🖤🖤
    That was so sweet Arianna. I don't have any words. I love you so much and thank you!

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I saw a video one time, Jak shared what she was learning from Bill, I learned a missing triad shape I couldn't figure out among other things.
    Read about this lady couple nights ago, I have no idea how I got there, thought of it just now while writing this, she was famous like in the 1800's 1900's had something to do with Wild Bill, I forgot her name. I only been to Medieval Times once, but Jim Carrey is amazing! Thanks Jak!
    Happy Holidays!!!
    -Cable Guy

J

Jak Angelescu

I saw a video one time, Jak shared what she was learning from Bill, I learned a missing triad shape I couldn't figure out among other things.
    Read about this lady couple nights ago, I have no idea how I got there, thought of it just now while writing this, she was famous like in the 1800's 1900's had something to do with Wild Bill, I forgot her name. I only been to Medieval Times once, but Jim Carrey is amazing! Thanks Jak!
    Happy Holidays!!!
    -Cable Guy
    Thanks for the amazing love, my friend. I believe in you so much!

• Love
    Reactions: William B.
    J

Jak Angelescu

I dont have 1 memory, but when I think of Jak I think about how she is motivating people to show themself on guitar :) even beginners or if you mess up a song :)

Alicia, good luck with your new 'job'!! I think you will do great!
    Thank you so much Kim! That was sweet to say! I'm glad I've done my job because that's all I wanted to do was motivate people. Love you girl!

• Love
    Reactions: Kim

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Well, there was the time she called a guy with kids almost her age her "kitten." That stands out.

God, there have been a LOT of conversations - the good and the bad of people, here and online in general.

I have to say, probably my favorite Jak moment though, was the look on her face when she realized Syn had sent her a Black Moon, now called Anubis. That look, that moment in time, just completely cemented the idea that hard work pays off, there is good in this world, and sometimes putting yourself out there to help strangers can change your own life in wonderful and unexpected ways. It was also probably the first time that I saw, for sure, that Syn is the real deal; a genuinely good person solidly invested in helping the next generation of musicians for no other reason than the reward of seeing it happen. He's proven that time and again since, but that moment? That moment was a game changer.

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    So many memories with Jak. And there will come many more.

I always cherished her compliments, because of her honesty! When you need to step your game up she will tell you without sugar coating it. Which means getting some praise really means something!

One of my favourite memories with her though was one of my hardest days this year. I was very down in the dumps..going on a walk with a good friend..and Jak writes me..and asks me if she could call me...I was kinda hesitant but accept..she tells me that I won the rockstar student award and gives me one of the biggest surprises of my life!

We love you Jak!!