• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Fender CEO wants to sign Syn

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Random info, but when Syn needs a strat/tele clean sound in the studio, he actually uses Nash guitars rather than Fender. PG told me all the cleans on The Stage were Nash guitars, and Syn mentioned using them as far back as Nightmare if I recall correctly
He actually used a 52 strat(could be 54 or any other boutique strat) on the stage for some of the clean sounds. He says so himself in an interview in guitar world.

Kat the metalhead

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 20, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    I don’t know what to think of this :ROFLMAO: I really don’t see syn as a fender guy at all and me personally I’m not the biggest fan of fender. I used to only play fenders but when I got a bit more advanced I found there not the greatest for metal or heavy stuff. Me personally I like a guitar that can do it all and to me that would be schecter. It sucks here in Canada cuz I find the music stores in my area don’t have great guitar options. all they seem to have is fenders and Gibson guitars

Reactions: Chris Johnston

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    I don’t know what to think of this :ROFLMAO: I really don’t see syn as a fender guy at all and me personally I’m not the biggest fan of fender. I used to only play fenders but when I got a bit more advanced I found there not the greatest for metal or heavy stuff. Me personally I like a guitar that can do it all and to me that would be schecter. It sucks here in Canada cuz I find the music stores in my area don’t have great guitar options. all they seem to have is fenders and Gibson guitars
    You're right, Fender isn't really known for metal guitars, but I've gotta say they've done a pretty good job with Jim Root's guitar. It's regarded as one of the best signature models out there and people are playing it like crazy.

But anyway, Syn leaving Schecter would be like when Dime left Dean for Washburn in the late 90's - it just wasn't the same. So I don't think that will ever happpen.

• Love
    Reactions: Kat the metalhead

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland

With the right TLC, Fender can be a real dark horse for Metal! I've recorded a good few Metal ideas with my Strat (which has factory single coils!) It's all about how you use it :love: Nothing rips like a Schecter though!

Reactions: Kat the metalhead
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Ed said in another post that they made a bunch of Japanese Super Strats in the 80's, there's one at the guitar store. I played it, it's nice!
    Maybe a special Fender for Syn as a gift, a Synyster Stratocaster with 7 strings and 25 frets and a super Floyd Rose 2000 made from Volcano wood with other cool stuff he likes and a way to make the guitar wireless!

• Haha
    Reactions: Ed Seith