• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Floyd Rose problem

Raymond Corbett

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
I got a schecter hellraiser fr and I was trying to learn Cemetary Gates and the harmonic squeal require you to pull all the way back on the floyd rose and when I tried it my string snapped. Could anyone tell me how to setup my floyd rose so I can pull back the bridge using the whammy bar?

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I got a schecter hellraiser fr and I was trying to learn Cemetary Gates and the harmonic squeal require you to pull all the way back on the floyd rose and when I tried it my string snapped. Could anyone tell me how to setup my floyd rose so I can pull back the bridge using the whammy bar?
That's gonna happen.. honestly 99% of my strings break this way. If they are new strings.. I'd be concerned. But older strings just break this way. Especially when rusty. But if you cant pull back on the bar you have too much or not enough tension and would have to play with the screws to the springs.

Reactions: Raymond Corbett