• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

guitar problems

Jake Young

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
That is really odd and quite interesting..I don’t necessarily have a solution but had to comment lol I was a guitar tech with a national touring band for 10 years but I have never heard of this…I’ve seen guys get dropped when they go to sing and the mic shocks them..quite scary..but never this. honestly I wouldn’t think that it’s your guitar..I actually don’t think it’s possible for a guitar to do that? but I wouldn’t rule it out completely..if there’s a bad ground somewhere in there it COULD happen.. But most likely it’s whatever your plugged into doing it. Does you’re guitar buzz when you’re not touching anything metal on it?? If you have an amp, do you feel a shock when playing through it? Have you tried plugging your computer into a different outlet in your house? If you’re using a surge protector to plug in your computer, does it have the ground on the plug?