• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Have you met Synyster Gates? What happened?

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
I met him back in January 2017 in London. I was a mess I remember saying “I don’t play to a metronome, I know I should” Syn was like smiling “o thats ok” I literally can’t remember anything else. I think syn was tipsy he seemed to be in a happy mood lol. The meet and greet was very quick. How was your experience meeting him?

Hayley Frederick

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Lol I’ve never met him but I probably would be drunk and would be too scared to say a damn thing & like you even if I did I probably wouldn’t remember .
At one point of their concert last summer I was so excited when they played unholy confessions but that’s all I remember .. is that I was so excited lol

Mike Lawrence

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Canada
Met Syn and the other last Sunday at a meet-and-greet in Ottawa.
They were all very nice and truly down to earth.
Told Syn I was taking guitar lessons from his dad 😉
He then asked me what I thought of this website, told him I loved it. I take private guitar lessons and it’s nice to see what I’m being taught shown here with different exercises.

Ruby Calypso

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Only in my dreams. Lol
Seriously, the other night Syn was being pulled behind a go-cart Johnny Christ was driving through my neighborhood. They stopped to talk about the tailless raccoon/squirrel. I woke as they were about to walk into “The Church of Fun” (our music studio). Waking there upset me foREVer!

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Yes! I first met all of them at warped tour 2004 in St Louis. The first time I heard them was in 2003 and I HATED it. Mostly because I didnt like screaming, and Matt had a serious screech on him. After I saw them on headbangers ball and I saw a lefty Zacky playing a schecter, I was hooked (which, btw, I had one of the FIRST lefty Schecter c-1’s EVER made. I had the EXACT same one Jerry Horton had in the Papa Roach “Last Resort” Video, but lefty.) I have gotten to meet them several times since then and they’ve always been great. The last time was at the slie bar in Fullerton, CA for the release of Nightmare, which was bittersweet for everyone since the album had just hit #1 on the billboards, but Jimmy wasnt there to enjot it : ( . I Unfortunately (fortunately? I was very drunk), dont have pictures of that, but I DO have pictures of the 2004 warped tour right here.
Most fans dont know this, but before Syn came into riches, he used to make a living impersonating a famous skateboarder/original reality star named Bam Magera. This is him in full Bam garb—–> https://imgur.com/bo6jaRz
Full album here—->https://imgur.com/a/vsbMm

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Yeah man, that’s literally how they afforded gas to get from show to show. Ya know it really shows the hard work and dedication that the band went through to make it where they did. Shadows tried to impersonate Tom Cruise, but like weird mix of Tom Cruise from Top Gun AND Risky Business, and he wasnt very passable, so it didnt work out and he didnt make much money for the band. Really, if you think about it, Syn kinda carried the entire band on his back with his Bam impressions. They kinda owe everything they have to Syn, but its ridiculous because they never give him due credit for his efforts. Crazy facts of history, I tell ya.

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
@christopher lonski I wish I met them back then i would have been 11 years old lool and i didnt live in america I first heard them on mtv when i heard bat country. But thats is such an awesome pic with synyster thats my favourite style of his with that facial hair that emo style I love it. M.shadows has a bit of a grudge of thoose fans that like the screamo because they back then was not supporting them when they were doing it but I like the screamo because I found out about them from bat country then i researched their old albums. M.shadows had back then the best screamo vocals ever. I wish that when i met them we were allowed to take photos with them but they didnt let us. I’m kinda pissed off that I didn’t have more time with them I got to the line not as early as other people I underestimated that people were going to be that early I was there in the morning, I spent the whole day in camden I only got there later because i made friends with someone and we went away to eat. I think they gave more time to thoose who were infront of the line it should of been me lol. But yeah thats awesome man hopefully one day I will take a picture with them!

Ruby Calypso

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
What else would we think?
That story was super detailed and came in 3 posts with pictures.
“Yeah man, that’s literally how they afforded gas to get from show to show.”
Why would we question your integrity?
I get this was a practical joke and A7X is big on joking. Hopefully next time your joke won’t make you come off as a liar.

Ruby Calypso

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Lol. Music is outlandish and we all do interesting things to pick up extra change. Busking comes in all kinds of forms. Busking as Bam seems plausible.
Busking as Elvis…outlandish.
Although I hope Syn tries this because it would be great!
Status intrigue me. I want to statue as a mermaid holding my uke and play a song when people put money in the hat. Gotta get a tail first though.

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Yeah their energy is what really blew me away! They came out with authority and opened with Chapter 4! I had never seen another band play with such a strong vibe like that, I was instantly hooked. Especially with how small they were as a band at that point, I knew they were gonna be huge and that I was witnessing history happen. It almost feels like watch Led Zeppelin or Metallica happen, ya know? Bananas!