• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

how do I play fast mostly solos

G

I been seeing tons of videos of people playing fast I want to know how do I do this because I can’t I’ve been trying to play to a metronome and speed it up but it never works what should I do I also try to play it slow then speed it up then it gets messed up please help

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I always feel like playing fast is a muscle memory thing because if you have to think which note comes next you probably cant play that note that fast after the other. For me fast playing was really just repeating the same thing over and over and over it will not happen in a day it is something that you develop after time. Try to use your metronome and when you can really nail a certain bpm bump up the metronome by like 5% amd do it again

Lenore M

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
One of my drills is to work with a metronome for 5 minutes each day. I start at a speed I’m comfortable with and I raise it one BPM every day. I don’t move on until I can sustain that speed comfortably. Worth a shot, if you’re not doing this. 🙂

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
practice practice practice. i was in the same boat as you man, never could get up to speed unless i practiced the same thing constantly for days in a row. now my problem is playing too fast and playing in front of the beat. one step forward and one step back.