• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Is there a lesson for this?

Julian Barton

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I could be dumb but I had a friend ask me something and I realized I did not know the answer haha maybe I can show him a lesson on here or maybe one of you can speak to it. If there is no lesson we should get one because it seems important. So if you have a capo on I know it changes the key and all of that but how do I translate from like capo 4th fret chords to no capo chords? I never really learned that.

Noah Berends

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I’m still a bit rough on this myself, but my understanding is that you’d move the chords down four half steps, or two whole steps descending, in accordance with the Circle of 5ths in order to maintain proper flats/sharps. If I’m wrong someone please correct me lol, I don’t wanna pass wrong info.

Julian Barton

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    So A would become F if it is that simple then fantastic! I also have another kind of silly question in this post too. I noticed that some people will play chord progressions of like 1 2 5 and it will be like C Bb and A (not an accurate example I am sure) but how do you get those minor chords in the progressions because I understand like I IV V but these minors and flats are beyond me haha

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Fucking Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Ed nailed the capo question. As far as the number system goes – Look at the lesson on the C chord family,(Lesson 21). I=C, II=Dm, III=Em, IV=F, V=G, VI=Am, VII=Bdim.
    So a I VI II V progression would be C Am Dm G.