• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Newbie here, starting off with an acoustic

thenightmayor

Free Bird Player
Jan 17, 2021
New Delhi, India
Hi everyone. Hope you are all doing well wherever in the world you are. I am a sound designer and mix engineer based in New Delhi, India. I play the piano but recently decided to pick up the guitar after avoiding it for years. Hope to learn a lot here, geek out about music theory, fanboy about some shredding and learn about blues licks.
I honestly can't even play a D major on the guitar right now, hopefully I'll get there soon.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
Staff member
Legend+
Fucking Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Welcome! Acoustic is the best way to learn the basics. No effects to get on the way. You can either play it or you can't.
Lots to learn here. Feel free to ask questions. No question is too basic. We ALL went through the same thing when we started.
You'll be nailing that D Major chord in no time!
Cheers!
pg

Batbia

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 11, 2021
    Brazil
    Hi! Hope you're well too! I started with an acoustic guitar some years ago, it helped me a lot! To be honest, it could've helped me more if I hadn't stopped playing it (I still regret it). Now that I decided to continue my "musical journey", I'm switching to electric guitar. There are some different things of course, but the things I learned on the acoustic guitar (the ones I can remember lol) are really helping me with the lessons.
    P.S: I bet you'll get the D major sooner than you expected!

thenightmayor

Free Bird Player
    Jan 17, 2021
    New Delhi, India
    Welcome!

I'm also a beginner on acoustic and I am a radio producer in my spare time! I also dabble in piano. This is a wonderfully supportive community and I know you'll learn a lot here!
    Hi. I can already see how great and supportive this community is with such a warm welcome from so many people. Definitely going to learn a lot here.

Reactions: Aightball

thenightmayor

Free Bird Player
    Jan 17, 2021
    New Delhi, India
    Welcome! Acoustic is the best way to learn the basics. No effects to get on the way. You can either play it or you can't.
    Lots to learn here. Feel free to ask questions. No question is too basic. We ALL went through the same thing when we started.
    You'll be nailing that D Major chord in no time!
    Cheers!
    pg
    Hi Brian. Thank you for replying and letting me have my first fanboy moment over here :love:. I agree though, as I already have the mix engineer's perspective, I know exactly what you are talking about when it comes to the effects and the pickups and the rest of the stuff getting in the way.
    Gonna nail those guitar chords quickly then.

• Love
    Reactions: Brian Haner Sr.

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Fucking Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Hi Brian. Thank you for replying and letting me have my first fanboy moment over here :love:. I agree though, as I already have the mix engineer's perspective, I know exactly what you are talking about when it comes to the effects and the pickups and the rest of the stuff getting in the way.
    Gonna nail those guitar chords quickly then.
    What kind of board do you mix on? Or do you use plugins?