• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Question about harmonics

kristy bowman

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi All!!!
Hopefully you guys can give me some advice on this. I am working on learning Gunslinger. I have got down the slides and a lot of the other parts but I am having a hard time with going from the standard notes to the harmonics so quickly. Any ideas on how to get this part any easier. I can hit them, but they don’t really come out right if you just hit em hard. Thanks for all the help ahead of time!!!

Tory Capman

One Stringer
Nov 11, 2019
Unfortunately, you’re going to have some trouble replicating exactly what Syn does without the use of a Sustainiac, which comes installed on some Syn Custom models. (I have one with a sustainiac and it’s a blast!) Check out some YouTube videos about them!

Noah Berends

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Tory is right, you can do the same thing with a product called an E-Bow, which cost $100 at guitar center. They essentially do the same thing as a Sustainiac, but the drawbacks are it’s not a permanent installation so you have to hold it when using it and I don’t believe it can work with more than one string at a time. Otherwise you could sit really close to your amp while playing and use some of that feedback. ;D

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    You can do he natural harmonics at the 3rd fret of the G and B string maybe that makes it easier. If you don’t hit natural harmonics right they chime a bit so maybe try to make sure that your finger is completely straigt

kristy bowman

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Thanks guys!!! I am still kinda at the beginning stage of things right now so I am trying to learn a lot of the techniques. I haven’t quite gotten to the point of buying all kinds of cool stuff like that lol. Thanks for the help tho!!! I am getting the slide picking down a little bit on Gunslinger though so… PROGRESS!!! Any tips ya’ll can put on here for beginners like me are greatly appreciated!!!

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Kristy. These are the sustainaic pick ups in syns guitar. I had issues doing this too until I saw an add for it. A way you can sorta cheat tho since those pick ups are like.. 300 a piece, is use the wah or phaser feature. I used to get a lot of feedback there and could vibrato into a squeel at certain times.
    Or you can blow 2000 on a guitar like I did and squeel like syn does. It’s a lot of fun.

Synner Endless Summer Collection