• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Recording distorted sounds with your Pc

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    That would also replace my amp, would it? Not sure if I understand how it works. Would it be like a digital amp or can I combine it with my usb signal to emulate a cab?

No, you can definitely use only the cab emulation part of it, and to keep your own tone through the amp, that's what you'd want to do.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    No, you can definitely use only the cab emulation part of it, and to keep your own tone through the amp, that's what you'd want to do.
    Okay, awesome. I'll download it and hope to find a way to make it work. I'm a little lost in terms of recording. I also never touched Ableton which came with my Fender Amp, I heard it was a pretty neat program too.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Melbourne, Australia
    Tried recording from the USB out to my laptop, couldn't get a decent heavy distorted tone ( sounded like a can of bees), a dirty sound was OK as was a clean tone (listen below), very low volume in the recordings though.

Going to try from the Rec Out into usb using the Rocksmith Realtone cable next.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Firsty Lasty
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Tried recording from the USB out to my laptop, couldn't get a decent heavy distorted tone ( sounded like a can of bees), a dirty sound was OK as was a clean tone (listen below), very low volume in the recordings though.

It says the video is private.
    Also, if I want to record clean with my Katana I use the Acoustic channel because it kinda sounds the same, only difference that the gain knob gives you more volume and no real distortion. If I want that with a clean sound I use the digital pedals on top of the acoustic channel settings.

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Melbourne, Australia
    It says the video is private.
    Also, if I want to record clean with my Katana I use the Acoustic channel because it kinda sounds the same, only difference that the gain knob gives you more volume and no real distortion. If I want that with a clean sound I use the digital pedals on top of the acoustic channel settings.

Video should be fixed.

I will give recording via the Rec Out a go after dinner, if that doesn't help with the high gain recording I guess an interface may be the best option or going in as dry as possible and adding effects post recording.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com

Low volume, but SWEET sound. Looking forward to your other recording tests. As for me, I'll leave it at USB recording for now. No need to have the fanciest sounds when all I do is practicing and some covers.

Reactions: Adin Shepherd