• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Stiff fingers solution?

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    The last few days my fretting hand fingers have been too stubborn to my liking. They just don't move as I wish. I'll admit I'm lacking practice, but usually this problem is solved by just playing for a while.
    I tried stretching and the well know 1234 patterns exercises.

I'm wondering what your favourite exercise or song that helps you with this is?

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    Usually i just do three string sweep exercises. Start slow and work my way up to just under my fastest speed and once im a little under my fastest speed i start moving around the neck doing 3 string sweeps. Do this for 5-10 min and im warmed up and feeling stretched out

Reactions: Lindsey

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    Well what I usually do is stretch my hands, crack my knuckles, do some grip exercises (see picture below XD ). Then I play my warmup songs ( Currently This charming man...which is a great workout !).

1586518729435.png

Reactions: Lindsey

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    Well what I usually do is stretch my hands, crack my knuckles, do some grip exercises (see picture below XD ). Then I play my warmup songs ( Currently This charming man...which is a great workout !).

View attachment 653
    The cracking sounds horrible 😂
    I'm going to try those grip exercises, we must have something like that laying around here.

• Haha
    Reactions: Christian Schulze

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    Usually i just do three string sweep exercises. Start slow and work my way up to just under my fastest speed and once im a little under my fastest speed i start moving around the neck doing 3 string sweeps. Do this for 5-10 min and im warmed up and feeling stretched out
    Good idea. I haven't done something like that in a while.

Synner Endless Summer Collection