• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Sustainiacs

Julian Barton

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I am buying a new guitar because mine is literally falling apart (as it is pretty cheap) I was just curious if having a sustainiac is worth it because I was going to buy an omen 6 fr extreme, but I will gladly but a used guitar with a sustainiac for 300 more if it is worth it.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I would personally love to own a guitar with a sustainiac. I would say it is worth the money depending on how much you have to spend in general(If buying a guitar with a sustainiac means you have very little Money left for buying food an pay the rent and stuff you should probably get the (cheaper) guitar with out one

Noah Berends

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have one in my Schecter, it’s a great tool for soloing but in my personal opinion, the tone isn’t the greatest when you’re using it as a regular pickup. It’s not very warm like a regular neck pickup, it’s very bright and not all that far off from the bridge pup, since it’s essentially an active single coil. So if you really like the warm smooth sound of a neck pickup, you won’t quite get that sound out of the Sustainiac, but it’s great for exactly what it’s designed to do: sustain and harmony feedback to spice up lead playing.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    if you have issues making pinch harmonics, this pick up is for you. Thats pretty much all I have to say. I mean, you could use a wah and get the harmonics pretty easily too. Which is what I did for the longest time before I got my apocalypse. I mean, its a fun effect to add as well and makes things easily but if you can do pinches no problem at all, you dont really need the pick ups too much. Atleast, if you are just starting out. I wouldn’t waste the extra cash. Unless this is your like, GUITAR you are upgrading to.