• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Want new guitar, which one

Kim

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Hi all
At the moment i play on Ibanez Gio, bought it not new, just to try if I like playing guitar. I have Roland Cube 30 as amp.
I am thinking about buying a new guitar in a few months, so atm I already looking into what I like.
I want to play rock and metal mostly
What I dont like about my guitar, is that the strings are too far away of the fretboard on higher frets, some music guy already tried to fix it, but my snares are buzzing after he adjusted the strings closer to the neck.
I am currently thinking of a guitar for around 500 euro. I just play at home for fun, Im still a beginner, but I want to get better, I practise for 1 hour every day (I try, sometimes more, sometimes less). I really like the look of a guitar when it is in 1 color (like Ibanez Gio).
What i found on internet:
Ibanez RG serie
Schecter Hellraiser (but higher than budget, is it worth it?)
Schecter Omen
So, guys/girls, you have any tips for a guitar?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
It depends a little bit on what you want to play on it. If you like metal/rock you can’t really go that wrong with Schecter. Maybe Jackson/Kramer or something too. If you like playing blues and stuff like that maybe looking into strats is also a good idea. These guys make really good affordable guitars too https://www.revelationguitars.co.uk

Gabriel Corso

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
To be honest, the most importante thing for me it is how the guitar feels.
I mean, you have to balance the feeling to play that specific guitar and price + style you want to play.
Sometimes you really like a guitar that you saw in the store website, but when you go to the store you don’t like how it plays.
But you did the right thing! You did your research and found some
Models that’s might fit your needs.
Now you should go to a guitar store and play those guitars and eventually you will fall in love with one haha.
I once read that you don’t choose the guitar, but the guitar chooses you.
So be transparent, Calm and focused.
You will find the right one.
We are here to help as well!!
I own a Synyster custom and a fender tele standard American.
Both brilliant guitars that give me the chills every time I play.
Find a guitar that gives you this and you won’t regret it!
I will see that even practicing becomes more enjoyable.
Take care! And good luck

Gabriel Corso

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Also,
You don’t have to follow any rules to be completely honest!
A lot of players use, for example, blues guitars to play metal. Or jazz guitars to play rock.
It is up to you!
You are responsible for your sound and how you want to sound.
You can buy a telecaster and play whatever you want. Or a semi hollow…
Some players like to be different and follow weirder ways!
It is also ok!
So again, good luck!
You will eventuallly find yourself a good guitar.

Jaxon Muller

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Tulsa, OK
www.imdb.com
I agree with the post about going with the guitar that feels the best. It’s all about feel. Depending on your genre there are lots to choose from no matter where you look. Overall I’d recommend Schecter for Metal, Strat & Tele for Rock/Blues/basically anything else.
I’m saying broadly if you want dynamic range! Plenty of great guitars so see what feels right to you, maybe you like the weight of a Gibson or something else. It’s your choice, have the confidence as a player to make it!
Good hunting!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Kim

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Thanks all for the replies.
Theres a big webshop where I live, who also have some shops, you can select which guitars you want to play on in the store and the store will make sure they are there for you to try them. So thats what I want to do, select some guitars and try them in the shop.
Good to hear all tips! I will check out the brands like Schecter and Ibanez. Also good to hear that I should try them and to feel what I like in real 🙂

Kim

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Hi all
Just want to give you an update about which guitar i bought. I actually bought something I wouldn’t think of buying. Went to the shop to try out Ibanez RG321 and RG370. I was a bit dissapointed in the Ibanez guitars, sounds weird but my Gio plays ‘ easier’, maybe it has to do with the settings. I then tried ESP LTD 256 Purple, i really liked that one. Then I talked to guy in the shop and he suggest the Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro, i played it and really liked it right away. It took me a while to choose between those 2… But I choose the Epiphone. So funny that I really wanted a metal/rock guitar and now i bought not really that, but I love all the different sounds. I only have to wait 3 weeks, because it wasnt there in the black colour. Im looking forward to it!
The guitar

This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Kim La.

Synner Endless Summer Collection