• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What do you guys like most about the school?

Tristen Becci

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I like how Papa Gates is active in the community, though I haven’t seen much of Syn. Plus, the fact that this is so much more than expected, I thought they’d have a website to upload lessons and thats it, but they have so much more!

Joe Giumarello

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
New Jersey
www.tiktok.com
Syn’s about to go off on a world tour so I imagine he’s pretty swamped with rehearsals, but it seems like he and Papa Gates are trying their hardest to interact with everyone which I think they are doing a great job with it. Hard to say what my favorite part is. I love the forums, talking and getting to know people is great, but the lessons are also awesome. So far I’ve enjoyed Sweep Picking 3 lesson 81 the most because for me personally it answered a lot of questions. But then there’s also Syn’s etudes which are all awesome and I want to learn how to play and someday I will lol. Maybe not today or tomorrow or this month but I’m determined to get there. Tapping X from him blows my mind because I don’t understand how someone can cleanly play that fast. There’s just so much to enjoy.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I love the fact that I can pretty much talk about guitar related stuff all day on the forum and watch other people play and stuff but especially no one is a dic. And I noticed that Syn seems to reply to stuff when he has time, remember that he got a kid pretty recently and he also goes on tour so shit loads of rehearsals make sense. So, I think he is just pretty busy with that as well

Gerben

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Basically what all the other said, and also the fact that the lessons are very complete. You not only get a lesson + tabs, they are also synced perfectly AND you can see the fretboard (very useful, I find it much easier to visualize like that instead of just tabs) AND there are backing tracks AND if you don’t understand something you can ask it and you’re bound to get a good answer.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Matthew Sorrentino

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I love the interactivity in the forums as well as how Papa Gates makes things clear and takes his time a bit to explain things rather than just speaking fast. He really wants everyone to be able to understand the lesson and be able to follow.
Seriously, this is giving quite a bit back to your loyal fans and I’m glad that Synyster and his father went to such great lengths for us.

Romain Tassan

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Lille, France
www.instagram.com
Yeah I guess Synyster is busy with Avenged Sevenfold tour. Well I must say I’m fucking impressed by the amount of knowledge that you can draw from those lessons. I was expecting 5 or 6 patterns to learn with just more videos to come in the future. But there are actually SO MANY things. Basically, whatever you’re looking for, you’ll find it. Theory and technics. I’ve never been so enthusiastic to learn modes and scales. I consider myself as a pretty good shredder but my weakness is theory because I have none. And I know I’ve got everything I need here.
And yes, the fact that such incredibly talented and famous musicians like the Haners take the time to teach their fans and build a strong community prooves that they are passionated and generous people. That’s always a pleasure to see.

Josh Bailey

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Seeing the enthusiasm from Syn and Papa in the promo video I could tell this was going to be a good site. I had gotten good with the techniques I’ve learned and perfected over the years so now that I’m going through some of the advanced lessons it’s finally giving me some motivation to break out of my comfort zone and struggle again.

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com
    I love that you can go at your own pace. I’m sticking with my current lesson because I’m not ready to move on. The knowledge is also amazing. This is truly an amazing school and I’m learning so much!
    The forums are also amazing. Interacting with Syn, PG, and other players is so helpful. I’m able to ask questions without unfairly being judged. I felt silly uploading my “riff”, but I’ve gotten so much positive feedback! So glad we have the school 🙂

nancy meza

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    I love the fact that we can take our time to learn. If we have questions we can go back to the videos, or we have a lot of knowledgeable people here too. I like the fact that people encourage one another, specially to those in the beginning stages. (me) Also Papa Gates has been on it since day one, replying to our questions and answers. I’ve seen Syn comment a few times and I’m glad he’s taking the time to do so. So happy to have this website! Thank you so much Syn and PG!

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Fucking Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Ironically, Syn is more slammed with stuff when he is home. In addition to family, he has a ton of meetings, interviews, rehearsals, etc.
    When he’s on the road, all he has to worry about is doing the show. I think we’ll actually see more of him as soon as the tour starts!
    I can tell you he is absolutely blown away by how many people here are getting involved and helping others.
    It’s amazing!

Brian Oravetz

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    This place is quite surreal. I say that because the quality of what the Haner’s are offering is second to none; and it is content that would come with a price tag at other places.
    The business guy in me is curious to know what the road ahead looks like for this page. What is the goal, how is it to survive, thrive and grow? It is a very egalitarian and generous thing that the Haner’s are offering here with this community; and it comes with a price. They are paying that price out of their pockets right now. What is the plan, or what can we expect as a community to keep this place alive and around for a long time to come?
    I ask because I have truly never seen the quality of online learning for guitar that is just a few clicks away from this very page; and I would hate for it to go anywhere.