• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Adjust height floyd rose

TOLF

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hi there!
I have a question about adjusting the height of a floyd rose. Several persons say you can adjust the height of a floyd rose without any risks, but others say you have to loosen the strings before you do that in order to not break your floyd rose! What do you think about that?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Im not sure which the risk is but i lowered/highered mine because the action was to low/high and there were no real problems. Did you check out Floyd rose website because i think its is explained a bit more thoroughly there

Jake Young

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
The risk is dulling the “knife edge” of the trem. If the knife edge is damaged it won’t return to the correct pitch after diving or pulling up. I’ve done a ton of research on the correct way to do it and it’s 50/50 some people say take the strings off..some people do it tuned up. I saw a video once where the guy said to depress the bar then adjust, so that is what I do with no issues. But it’s kind of one of those set it and forget it type things. You should be fine adjusting it under tension as long as you’re not adjusting it every day