• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Collab! Audition Solos & DEADLINE!

Hi everyone! We are getting closer and closer to the finish line!
Now it's time to audition for the lead spots and place everyone where they can best showcase their abilities!

The deadline for the auditions is May 12th, 2020 at midnight.
Please be proactive and don't leave it to the last minute!
*Speak with me directly if there is a special circumstance that impedes you from meeting this deadline, but do it BEFORE the deadline. Otherwise I can't help you.

For your audition, write an original lead part for ONLY the first verse and/or chorus from Filip's backing track and record a video of yourself playing your solo.
https://soundcloud.com/filip-tomi-a/backing-track-rock-blues-mix

If you are not comfortable in your composition abilities, @Ids Schiere and I wrote 2 solos that you can learn and use to audition instead. (Audio & Tabs below)

Upload your audition video to the RIFFS section, @Jak Angelescu very kindly created a special category called "Student Shred Collaboration", please tag me to make sure I see it and check you off my list.

If you want to audition for blues write a lead part for the first verse or use this solo.

You can download the tabs here:

If you want to audition for rock write a lead part for the first chorus or use this solo.

You can find the transcription here:

If you want to audition for both genres write a solo for both the verse and chorus or learn both of the solos above and submit them both as one video or two separate videos, whichever is easiest for you.

Additionally, if you choose to learn one of the solos that Ids and I created and there happens to be a part that is too challenging for you, it is totally ok to add your own flare or change it.

Good luck everybody! I can't wait to hear your auditions! :D

@Alicia Willis @Calvin Phillips @Dominik Graeber @Adin Shepherd

@Mariler Ferrer @carlosmqr @Kim La @Christian J.S. Schulze Aguiar

@Ed Seith @Aileé Guerra Aréizaga @Rute Rodrigues @Ids Schiere

@Steven Perrone @Jacques @Jackson Harsin @Sayonil Mitra

@Alan Carter @Gabriel Perez @Serge-Jean @Kfir Yaakovi @Ben Grosskreuz

@Filip Tomiša @Jesse Salmons @Adam Shea

Last edited by a moderator:
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Rute Rodrigues

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Portugal
    Yo Ailee awesome!!! For the audition do I need to record the thing with good audio and image quality or can I just record with my phone?
    I think Im going to audition for both genres, with one video for each one.
    P.S. Ailee you are so beautifull
    P.S.2 Great facken solos

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Yo Ailee awesome!!! For the audition do I need to record the thing with good audio and image quality or can I just record with my phone?
    I think Im going to audition for both genres, with one video for each one.
    P.S. Ailee you are so beautifull
    P.S.2 Great facken solos
    For the audition audio you don't need an interface or anything like that. If you just play it over the backingtrack recording with your phone it's fine.

For the final product some good quality audio is preferred. You could also use this as a way to practice syncing audio with video(that's what I'm planning to do)

Reactions: AGA
    Synner Endless Summer Collection