• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Dorian & Voodoo Scales - Lesson 6

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
BB! Love me some BB!

So Dorian or flat the dominant 7th in the pentatonic scale over the IV chord. I'm gonna remember that!

I really should have seen this video when I was 15. I needed that don't just play scales up and down part back then.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Holy crap, so now for a starting point you could access 6 different scales on the 1 note (Major pentatonic, minor pentatonic, mixolydian, I guess aeolian, dorian and voodoo)....Also is the Voodoo scale usable in other genres?
Well, it's used over a specific chord isn't it?

I wouldn't know any reasons why it wouldn't work over that same chord in other genres. If it sounds good to you you probably will be fine.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Holy crap, so now for a starting point you could access 6 different scales on the 1 note (Major pentatonic, minor pentatonic, mixolydian, I guess aeolian, dorian and voodoo)....Also is the Voodoo scale usable in other genres?
I think you could make the voodoo scale fit any chord you wanted. You'd just have to alter it to match the scale of whatever chord you want. But I'd imagine if it follows the same pattern as voodoo in aminor itd sound just as good in the same pattern for whatever other chord you wanted... alas using the voodoo formula for whatever scale you wanted to play.

• Love
Reactions: Christian Schulze

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
Rockstar Student
Nov 11, 2019
Spain
I think you could make the voodoo scale fit any chord you wanted. You'd just have to alter it to match the scale of whatever chord you want. But I'd imagine if it follows the same pattern as voodoo in aminor itd sound just as good in the same pattern for whatever other chord you wanted... alas using the voodoo formula for whatever scale you wanted to play.
Thanks mate! More to experiment then!