• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Extreme improv Challenge 👺👺👹👹😱😱

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    I’m trying to have the guts to take part in this and upload some improv, but I’m not feeling too confident 😬
    You guys sound great
    You can do it! Anything that comes out is all good stuff if it helps you with improvising 😊 I'm always terrified to do them cause I hate recording myself 😅

Reactions: Mariler
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    You can do it! Anything that comes out is all good stuff if it helps you with improvising 😊 I'm always terrified to do them cause I hate recording myself 😅
    I really bottle up a lot when improvising like lose of hand synchronization and such. Then I do it again after and hand synchronization is fine.

Reactions: Chris Johnston

Mariler

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Nov 11, 2019
    Zaragoza, Spain
    ok, I finally jumped in! I'm really having a hard time trying to stop, listen to the track, and not suffocate it spitting too many notes, which is what I always tend to do, find some notes that apparently make sense... It's actually a 3rd take, so I cheated a little bit tbh, but I know I'm not the only one here ;)
    I just noticed that I chose the backing track on lesson 22, the same @Ids Schiere did on his last video, so please avoid any comparison....:LOL:

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    ok, I finally jumped in! I'm really having a hard time trying to stop, listen to the track, and not suffocate it spitting too many notes, which is what I always tend to do, find some notes that apparently make sense... It's actually a 3rd take, so I cheated a little bit tbh, but I know I'm not the only one here ;)
    I just noticed that I chose the backing track on lesson 22, the same @Ids Schiere did on his last video, so please avoid any comparison....:LOL:

See, that's not so bad! Try to dig in a little more with your vibrato because there are some nice motifs in there and a nice vibrato would make them sound even better!

Reactions: Mariler