• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hello! I come to learn and share !

Fahol

Free Bird Player
Apr 11, 2020
Hi there, my name is Tristan Osmani, I have 31 and I come from France.

I recently discover the school and am very excited to learn with bests! I decided to suscribe beacause I really like Avenged, and Synyster playstyle! It allways push me up and give me strengh to play and practice!

I could say a lot on Avenged and the way I like this band, but I will post it in another thread ;)!

So i started music when I was six (thanks mam!), and i played Renaissance lute then Baroque lute during 10 years .. Then, i had 16 .. and I was listening A lot of rock and metal music .. So after tryed to play some Offspring on my lute .. I buy my first guitar at 17. Since there, I play, somties a lot, somtimes not.

I want to learn Synyster techniques, caus they are AWESOME. Also, I want to see community things, see if we got the same difficulties on some stuff ^^ and I want to share som riffs and litle practice I like to play!

Hope seeing you soon arround!

Wish you all the best

Tristan

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Not trying to be rude but is English your first or second? Kinda silly question if you are French eh? Reason I'm asking if incaseqe have any other French people who could help you out if you ever had an issue. I didn't have any issues reading your post but I feel we should also try to help people if they dont understand the way something was written due to English not being their 1st language. If we have people who speak similar languages help each other that would help those people drastically.

With that said.. if you have no problems at all communicating in English then all good!

• Haha
Reactions: Fahol

Fahol

Free Bird Player
Apr 11, 2020
Not trying to be rude but is English your first or second? Kinda silly question if you are French eh? Reason I'm asking if incaseqe have any other French people who could help you out if you ever had an issue. I didn't have any issues reading your post but I feel we should also try to help people if they dont understand the way something was written due to English not being their 1st language. If we have people who speak similar languages help each other that would help those people drastically.

With that said.. if you have no problems at all communicating in English then all good!

Well, thanks.. I guess ^^, for now i feel understood, and I understand wath I read! And if english is a barrier, music is kind of international language!

Rute Rodrigues

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Portugal

I recently discover the school and am very excited to learn with bests! I decided to suscribe beacause I really like Avenged, and Synyster playstyle! It allways push me up and give me strengh to play and practice!

I could say a lot on Avenged and the way I like this band, but I will post it in another thread ;)!

So i started music when I was six (thanks mam!), and i played Renaissance lute then Baroque lute during 10 years .. Then, i had 16 .. and I was listening A lot of rock and metal music .. So after tryed to play some Offspring on my lute .. I buy my first guitar at 17. Since there, I play, somties a lot, somtimes not.

I want to learn Synyster techniques, caus they are AWESOME. Also, I want to see community things, see if we got the same difficulties on some stuff ^^ and I want to share som riffs and litle practice I like to play!

Wish you all the best

Tristan
    Hey dude welcome to the family! You will see that this community is amazing when it comes to be suportative! Wish you da best!

Reactions: AGA and Fahol

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Well, thanks.. I guess ^^, for now i feel understood, and I understand wath I read! And if english is a barrier, music is kind of international language!

Not to say you're english isnt good or anything. Not trying to be insulting or anything but weve had a couple before who used translators and were successful but i imagine translators maybe tricky and not always accurate. Most of those people were Europeans but we haven't had many French people come around. For surely no french canadians that i can remember too. Which their French is a tad different.

That's why I asked if it is true. Wanna make sure everyone has a way to communicate comfortably.

Fahol

Free Bird Player
    Apr 11, 2020
    Not to say you're english isnt good or anything. Not trying to be insulting or anything but weve had a couple before who used translators and were successful but i imagine translators maybe tricky and not always accurate. Most of those people were Europeans but we haven't had many French people come around. For surely no french canadians that i can remember too. Which their French is a tad different.

That's why I asked if it is true. Wanna make sure everyone has a way to communicate comfortably.

All good, am not offenced :) .. I use google somtimes to find a precise word, or somtimes in the other way, i write in english, then i check wath does say the french translation of it ^^.

I know that my english is far to be perfect, and you will find a lot of wrong notes reading my posts.. I apologies about that.. !

Anyway, that nice from you to care about this, thanks :)

Mihai_17

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019

Wish you all the best

Tristan
    Welcome to the family ( if you know what i mean )

Soukayna

Free Bird Player
    Apr 2, 2020
    Morocco

Wish you all the best

Tristan

Welcome to the family Tristan, I'm new here myself but one week in and I already feel included, have any questions just ask away even the stupidest one, when it comes to language barrier I'm a native french speaker, I actually speak 5 languages so I might be helpful in translating, but not in music theory, which you certainly know since you've been playing other instruments, your previous knowledge will help you advance a lot faster, unlike me I'm currently stuck with music theory its giving me a real headache, un vrai casse tête, otherwise if you need translation or whatever, please reach out I'll be more than happy to help

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Welcome to the family Tristan, I'm new here myself but one week in and I already feel included, have any questions just ask away even the stupidest one, when it comes to language barrier I'm a native french speaker, I actually speak 5 languages so I might be helpful in translating, but not in music theory, which you certainly know since you've been playing other instruments, your previous knowledge will help you advance a lot faster, unlike me I'm currently stuck with music theory its giving me a real headache, un vrai casse tête, otherwise if you need translation or whatever, please reach out I'll be more than happy to help
    There is go! Its nice to see many different languages and whatnot here. Very reserve group we are starting to have

Reactions: Fahol and Soukayna

MayEmton

Music Theory Bragger
    Apr 13, 2020

Wish you all the best

Tristan
    Welcome! I'm new too. How does playing guitar compare to the lute so far?