• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

It's The Day, You Guys!!

J

Jak Angelescu

I am so extremely excited. Today is FINALLY the day where we go into the studio! I have such a busy day. I am still going to try to squeeze in at least an hour at the gym, and I got to change strings and still make sure I warm up good. I really really REALLY wanted to thank you all for your support over this last year in helping me with my doubts, my sense of musical worth, and so much more. Wow, to think of it. It has been ONE year almost to the day that I signed up for this school. Who would have thought that I would have come so far? I look back on it, and it’s incredible.
I went from barely being able to play an A minor pentatonic scale at 100BPM 16th notes, only improvising out of one position, to now. Here I am, knowing CAGED stuff, better theory, improvising over TEN different positions in different keys, AND better picking and an improved original solo, my struggle run with my original song is finally up to speed comfortably and my goal of Hail To The King has been DEMOLISHED. And now? My dream of finally laying these songs down starts today. In a REAL studio.
I’m making 2019 the year where I say “Fuck all these fears”. I want to really see how far I can take this. As you all know, we have fought tooth and nail for the last 14 years with people giving a shit about what we’re trying to do with this. And for a long time it hindered our drive. It’s back now. Sevenfold 😉
Which brings me to my next thing. Holly and I have decided to do a Valentine’s Day gig at the local cafe we always go to. One of the owner always hands me his guitar and says “play me something!” Which is the NUMBER ONE reason ya’ll need to learn chord-based songs that anyone can sing to. Because if you get in that position, you really don’t want to butcher something that no one can sing along to or that you can’t even play on an acoustic. It amazes me with how impressed someone gets when you just pick up an acoustic and blast out the small amount of chords you hear in Garth Brooks’ “Baton Rouge”.
We’re finally putting our fears aside and getting out there and doing this as a thing! I also am currently working up four little classical guitar songs to try and do on Sundays as well and slowly build my repertoire. So let me ask you guys something, are there any love/romantic songs you guys like that you could suggest? I have a LOT but didn’t know if there were any classics I was missing. Here are some that we are working on now….
1. Fools Rush In – Elvis Presley
2. If – Bread
3. Shania Twain – From This Moment
4. Van Morrison – Moondance
5. Have a Little Faith In Me – John Hiatt
6. That’s When I’ll Stop Loving You – N Sync
7. Stand By Me – Ben E King
8. Because You Loved Me – Celine Dion
9. A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
10. Walk On The Ocean – Toad The Wet Sprocket
11. Need You Now – Lady Antebellum
12. I Wanna Be In Love – Melissa Etheridge
13. Simple and Clean – Utada Hikaru
If you know of any, please let me know! We need at least 7 more! Thank you all so much! Happy Thursday!
With love, chocolate, butterfly kisses and fuzzy kittens,
Jak

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Awesome!
Just really quickly I can thing of:
Mr. Big-To Be With You
Queen-Love of My Live(look up a live version, it blows me away every time)
The Beatles-Something
Rolling Stones-As Tears Go By
Bruno Mars-When I was Your Man
Prince-Purple Rain
John Mayer-Slow Dancing In A Burning room
These are just a few, The Beatles have like countless love songs I really like and than John Mayer, Prince and Bruno Mars have a bunch too.

Woohoooo!! Great to hear Jak! All the best in the studio this week! 😀
Speaking of love songs, a bit of a cliché, but my brother keeps playing “La vie en Rose” non stop.
That one could fit well with the Elvis song.
@dominik I love that song man! I’m not kidding. I know the lyrics by heart. I don’t give a shit!! XD

Synner Endless Summer Collection