• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Perfect record

I remember Syn talking about that where every song should be rated at least A- and they couldn't really find one.
For me I'd have to say:

"Nigthmare" - Avenged Sevenfold

"Dig Deep" - After the Burial (this album is suprisingly good. Usually metalcore albums have a couple of good songs and the rest are just generic but on this album every song is great. They recorded this after their guitarist died so you can really feel their emotions on every song.)

"From Death to Destiny" - Asking Alexandria (Again suprisingly good. I like AA but I'm not really a huge fan but I like every single song on that album.)

"Ashes of the Wake" - Lamb of God

"Drink the Sea" - Glitch Mob (I randomly discovered this album 8 years ago on youtube. I never heard anything like this before. I highly recommend it.)

"IRE" - Parkway Drive
OMG! YES! Drink the Sea is such a great album! One of my faves as well!
I also highly recommend it to any rock fan that wants to get into electronic. So good!

This message is approved by Filip & Aileé. (y)

Reactions: Filip Tomiša

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    . And when you become an uber-fan of a band, you lose objectivity and make a case that a certain song is good when it's really not.

Sometimes it's not about the song being good or bad, but about wether you like it or not. For whatever reason.
    I suppose this could open a discussion on when a song is good. Outside music theory.

Reactions: Filip Tomiša

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Fucking Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    I can only think of American Idiot by Green Day. The story the album tells and the progression it takes through every song is very cool. I think that's awesome to tell a whole story of a bunch of characters through an album, I love it.
    No arguments. That is definitely a contender for perfect album.

• Love
    Reactions: idssdi and Nocturne
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Melbourne, Australia
    Without putting a lot of thought into it, a few that come to mind.....

Metallica - Ride, Puppets and Justice

Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss

Megadeth - So Far, So Good...So What (Rust In Peace was close but I regularly skip Dawn Patrol)

Machine Head - The Blackening

Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick

Deicide - Deicide

I have no doubt there are many others I am forgetting.

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    Hm, after a bit of thinking, I think I have a few as well:

Rise Against - The Sufferer and the Witness (and Endgame, though I don't care much for A Gentleman's Coup and Endgame, the song)
    Avenged Sevenfold - Self-Titled (still my favorite album of theirs to this date)
    Metallica - Death Magnetic (don't really listen to it anymore, but I had a huge crush on this album in high school)

Jokes aside, I also listened to a bunch of Nickelback in high school as well. They were at the height of their popularity, what with Chad making the soundtrack for the first Spiderman movie in 2002 and All The Right Reasons ... making sense I guess during that time :LOL:. I think it had something to do with the fact that Photograph released just as I was moving on from elementary school to high school. It basically released at the right time for me :LOL:.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I can only think of American Idiot by Green Day. The story the album tells and the progression it takes through every song is very cool. I think that's awesome to tell a whole story of a bunch of characters through an album, I love it.

I used to like that album until I saw the video of jesus of suburbia. At that point I was done with the whole thing.

• Wow
    Reactions: Nocturne

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I'm normally an album oriented listener, so I usually stick with albums I like start to finish, but a few stick out. Leaving out compilations and live albums.

Avenged Sevenfold - with such a strong fanhood, it's hard to be objective, which is why I'd pick 3 - CoE, Nightmare, and The Stage
    Bon Jovi - These Days
    Counting Crows - August and Everything After
    Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
    David Lee Roth - Eat Em and Smile
    Dixie Chicks - Taking the Long Way
    Dream Theater - Images and Words
    Earth to Andy - Chronicle Kings
    Galactic Cowboys - Space in your Face
    Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time
    Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
    Ozzy - Diary of a Madman
    Pantera - Cowboys from Hell
    Pink Floyd - The Wall
    Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
    Trivium - Shogun

I'd love to say Billy Joel, but I find that every album has at least one song that's "meh" to me. Same for a LOT of favorite bands.
    I'd love to include the Beatles, but I'm not as familiar with them in album form as I should be (work in progress)
    There are a lot favorite albums that I can't include because one track...

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Hm, after a bit of thinking, I think I have a few as well:

Rise Against - The Sufferer and the Witness (and Endgame, though I don't care much for A Gentleman's Coup and Endgame, the song)
    Avenged Sevenfold - Self-Titled (still my favorite album of theirs to this date)
    Metallica - Death Magnetic (don't really listen to it anymore, but I had a huge crush on this album in high school)

Jokes aside, I also listened to a bunch of Nickelback in high school as well. They were at the height of their popularity, what with Chad making the soundtrack for the first Spiderman movie in 2002 and All The Right Reasons ... making sense I guess during that time :LOL:. I think it had something to do with the fact that Photograph released just as I was moving on from elementary school to high school. It basically released at the right time for me :LOL:.
    Nickelback, huh, never heard of them, I'll have to check them out.

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    I'm normally an album oriented listener, so I usually stick with albums I like start to finish, but a few stick out. Leaving out compilations and live albums.

Avenged Sevenfold - with such a strong fanhood, it's hard to be objective, which is why I'd pick 3 - CoE, Nightmare, and The Stage
    Bon Jovi - These Days
    Counting Crows - August and Everything After
    Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
    David Lee Roth - Eat Em and Smile
    Dixie Chicks - Taking the Long Way
    Dream Theater - Images and Words
    Earth to Andy - Chronicle Kings
    Galactic Cowboys - Space in your Face
    Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time
    Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
    Ozzy - Diary of a Madman
    Pantera - Cowboys from Hell
    Pink Floyd - The Wall
    Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
    Trivium - Shogun

I'd love to say Billy Joel, but I find that every album has at least one song that's "meh" to me. Same for a LOT of favorite bands.
    I'd love to include the Beatles, but I'm not as familiar with them in album form as I should be (work in progress)
    There are a lot favorite albums that I can't include because one track...
    These Days by Bon Jovi, that is a weird Bon Jovi choice Ed, personally I would have went for Crush but that's just me. Although, These Days does have a few really good songs.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    These Days by Bon Jovi, that is a weird Bon Jovi choice Ed, personally I would have went for Crush but that's just me. Although, These Days does have a few really good songs.

That album hit when I was going through the worst breakup of my life, and that made it timely and in CONSTANT rotation for like a year. That and The Great Southern Trendkill, because while I was broken-hearted, I was also REALLY FUCKING ANGRY about it.

Andrew Milner

• Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    That album hit when I was going through the worst breakup of my life, and that made it timely and in CONSTANT rotation for like a year. That and The Great Southern Trendkill, because while I was broken-hearted, I was also REALLY FUCKING ANGRY about it.

Holy fudge, how could I forget these two albums? I used to listen to them a lot when I was little. Granted, my older sister was in a very big Bon Jovi phase throughout her teenage years and you know, I had to listen to a lot of it as well :LOL:. But yeah, Crush is such a good album. Say It Isn't So is still my favorite music video to date and Just Older is a song that got me through some shit in recent times. And These Days...maybe it's just nostalgia speaking, but I do consider it their finest work. There was something about that album and the title song especially.

Reactions: Ed Seith

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Saves the day in reverie

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7rR87jVCjvuzDHnzEW36kZ-ULRlzAo4L

The Beatles Influence in this album is unreal. Chris conley really took over guitar duties on this album. It was so ahead.of its time everyone hated it. I never get bored of this.

From first to last

The reason I love this was the transition the band made. The range that is in the vocals from sonny moore is huge. So huge he broke them lol.

I wont link waking the fallen but its another album I dont need to skip. The issue tho here is the playtime is like almost 75 minutes. It's hard to fit all the songs in.

Alice in chains dirt

This album is dark as dark can be. But the image they created was outstanding.

I'll see if I can think of more. I can listen to an eminem album too but they are written like a mixtape so it makes sense to not skip.

Nocturne

• Dec 1, 2019
    France
    My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade
    Green Day - American Idiot
    A7X - The Stage
    Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape
    The Warning - Queen of the Murder Scene (These girls are so young and created a masterpiece on their second album - check them out!)
    I strongly agree for The Stage and The Black Parade! I don't know the two others.

I used to like that album until I saw the video of jesus of suburbia. At that point I was done with the whole thing.
    Oh, why that?

Reactions: Ed Seith

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Well I will admit I like and enjoyed that album a lot growing up it also was the first one thrown into my hands so I guess I was forced to like it? But green day Is a big reason why I enjoy saves the day. They are a lot alike punk influences.

But that video and album was when green day started bringing politics on tour and whatnot. The timing and everything of the album and that video just made me cringe. Green day is not emo and never should try to be and I felt in that video they truly tried to fit into. They could have taken it many ways but he just had to cut himself and smear the blood. Once that happened I basically never turned the album on again. Their next album was not really that good either from what I heard. And their newest song I heard on nhl adds is different for sure.

Dont mean to rag on them if they are your favorite band. Like I said it wasn't the music that made me not like them.

With all that said I know pg is involved with politics and what not in a way with his tours and jokes but I dont really see it the same way because I don't think he's TRYING to fit in there. He's just being himself. Fucking funny.

Reactions: Nocturne