• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

SYN SCHOOL ON MY ACOUSTIC?

Robert Zaldana

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey guys im Rob! 28 Year old from Orange County California! Im super excited to start the synyster gates school. I wanted to know what your guys’s thoughts were on me going through the lessons on my acoustic. Would it be a good/bad idea? Reason for this would be because i dont have a amp currently and missing my high e string. I would really appreciate feed back from you guys. Rock on !

Reactions: techang

Steven Huth

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but learning on an acoustic is a bit tougher because the strings are a little harder to push down. Also, you have to be a little more precise with an acoustic. That can be a good thing as you would be more focused on making the notes sound cleaner.

Synner Endless Summer Collection
    G

Totally doable starting on an acoustic. The strings are heavier than electrics. It’s good though b/c if you get an electric later on, you’ll be able to fly through the fretboard with ease.

Hector Trejo

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Houston, TX
    All said above is true! You can definitely gain a lot from acoustic! The more technical lessons may be more challenging but it’ll help you out in the long run! Your fingers will get stronger that they would on electric and when you go to electric, it will feel so much easier. You could also learn all the theory, modes, etc on acoustic! Best of luck to you!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Markus Nick

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Not just the strings are harder to push also the body is bigger. With an E-guitare its easier to look on the fretboard.
    I recommend an E-Guitare at the start but of course its no problem to make the lessons on an acoustic 🙂
    (I startet playing with an 3/4 nylon guitare, also easier than a big western guitare 😉 )