• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Extreme improv Challenge 👺👺👹👹😱😱

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    I haven't really done ANY of these, but I had time and interest this afternoon, so I sat down and did the one for 85. As always, I think there's a few really good moments - islands of goodness in the ocean of diarrhea. As always with the bits that are sweepy in nature, I have no idea what the fuck I'm ACTUALLY doing and trying to play a legit sweep has me fumbling over my fingers like a n00b, but hey, I can play to my limited strengths.

Really enjoyed that! Especially the laughter after the sweeps 😂

• Haha
    Reactions: Ed Seith

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    @Ed Seith That was awesome, you must have lot's of experience. I'm really happy you joined in :D

@Mariler Ferrer The only Noob shit I heard was the low volume, I was able to see motif and those building block and expanded concepts thing PG talks about in the blues lessons. ( maybe elsewhere too )

I'm going to take a little more time today on my improv. I want to try and do that stuff too, I'm really chaotic

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I haven't really done ANY of these, but I had time and interest this afternoon, so I sat down and did the one for 85. As always, I think there's a few really good moments - islands of goodness in the ocean of diarrhea. As always with the bits that are sweepy in nature, I have no idea what the fuck I'm ACTUALLY doing and trying to play a legit sweep has me fumbling over my fingers like a n00b, but hey, I can play to my limited strengths.

Lots of rock lick I there, awesome!

Islands of goodness in the ocean of diarrhea is like the average improv 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: Ed Seith

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com

Mariler

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Nov 11, 2019
    Zaragoza, Spain
    @Ed Seith That was awesome, you must have lot's of experience. I'm really happy you joined in :D

@Mariler Ferrer The only Noob shit I heard was the low volume, I was able to see motif and those building block and expanded concepts thing PG talks about in the blues lessons. ( maybe elsewhere too )

I'm going to take a little more time today on my improv. I want to try and do that stuff too, I'm really chaotic
    thank you! glad to hear you liked it.

you take your time, don't get stressed out, try to enjoy

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Some sloppy licks today. The ideas were in my head but not in my fingers 😆

Transferring ideas from your head to your fingers definitely is a process you need to go through. This also isn't an easy backingtrack to solo over due to those little ending bits but you did kind of ok! I did notice you were looking for the right notes at times, did you seek out the chord progression before you started?

• Love
    Reactions: Mariler