• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Feature Requests for Synyster Gates School?

Jaxon Muller

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Tulsa, OK
www.imdb.com
This site make me thankful that I was born in the nineties and not anytime before. It is a blessing to have access to something like this. Everyone bitching about learning A7X songs should just google the tabs, I love that this is barebones and starts from the ground up with an emphasis on technique. Syn talked about “perfect practice” during a master class and this site gives the proper tools for such mastery. Huge thanks to Syn and Papa Gates and the whole team for making this a reality!

Ashley Armstrong

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey man,
Firstly, websites pretty awesome. It’s been a massive help to myself as this kind of stuff is hard to get taught when you’re older. teachers want you to pick all this stuff outside lessons, but its great. can rewind, pick other peoples brains on it. Great idea!
One thing that would massively help me, would be when your talking about scales, CAGED systems and stuff, if you posted a few songs that go in and around what that lesson talks about. Not expecting you guys to do tutorials on that, would just be churning out the stuff you get on youtube!
Whatever you guys decide to do to “Update” the website, I’m sure it’ll help the overall platform.
Legends anyway, you didn’t need to do this, so kudos.
Ashley

Dan Milligan

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Ohio
Still loving everything about this site! The lessons and community are amazing! I do agree that a way to print lessons would be a huge help. I also think it would be neat if we had more things to add to our profiles, maybe something like a way to list our own gear or even directly upload pictures without having to use another site and link them.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Panos Mrz

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
First of all, a massive thank you to everyone involved in this project for the content, the quality and effort put into it! Would LOVE to have around here the backing track (or even better a lesson for the solo) from the Master Class in Guitar Center back in 2014.The different dynamics in that track are great for applying the techniques shown in Syn’s Etudes and generally jammin’ with it.Keep up the fantastic work on this site and as bonus,please inform Mr. Gates that the band’s fans in Greece are dying for a show here (deathbat nation is strong around here):p \m/

J

Jak Angelescu

I know this may be a challenge to do, but since this is a ‘guitar school’ I thought it may be a fun thing to select “Enroll” or something like “Take the challenge”. A lot of people have a hard time staying focused and dedicated to something unless it’s kind of pushed on to them. You can take some sort of placement test (that way, the experienced players can make sure they DO know the little details) and they can be given a lesson every week in the order, and at the end they have to “pass it” in order to move on to the next. I notice players have a tendency to shoot right up to the hard and challenging stuff and they lose a lot from the beginner courses. I’m going to try to take a lesson a week to “graduate” in two years 🙂
But all in all, I think you guys have an EXCELLENT start. I can’t believe all the stuff that has been put on here for free. If you ever consider doing a “donation” option, I’d be more than happy to donate. Since you know, this is saving me $300/month in lessons :/

Chris Robertson

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I know this may be a challenge to do, but since this is a ‘guitar school’ I thought it may be a fun thing to select “Enroll” or something like “Take the challenge”. A lot of people have a hard time staying focused and dedicated to something unless it’s kind of pushed on to them. You can take some sort of placement test (that way, the experienced players can make sure they DO know the little details) and they can be given a lesson every week in the order, and at the end they have to “pass it” in order to move on to the next. I notice players have a tendency to shoot right up to the hard and challenging stuff and they lose a lot from the beginner courses. I’m going to try to take a lesson a week to “graduate” in two years 🙂
But all in all, I think you guys have an EXCELLENT start. I can’t believe all the stuff that has been put on here for free. If you ever consider doing a “donation” option, I’d be more than happy to donate. Since you know, this is saving me $300/month in lessons :/
This idea is fantastic. Having weekly objectives or some kind of practice schedule to help newer players would really help them advance faster.
Personally I get lost with what to practice each day in the week. Yes people have different amount of time to practice but I get so lost with the amount of stuff available to practice. Do I focus on scales today, do I focus on Alternative picking, do I focus on Hammer-ons or pulls offs. Do I try learn a song. If I focus on these all on one day, how long do I do each of them. Just so much and these exercises are great but how long do you spend before moving on. What about once you think you have them down, how much to focus on them during practice in future weeks. Perhaps this is a better idea for another video.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I agree with Chris. I’m pretty bad at doing exercises usually i just really wanna play songs and have fun. Even though learnig sings isnt bad i do feel like I could use some discipline on doing ecercises so the whole enroll thing would he a great idea!