• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Feature Requests for Synyster Gates School?

vlaskovits

New Student
Sep 19, 2019
Hi everyone,
I work in the background with Papa Gates & Syn Gates on the site. I’m meeting up with Syn next week to go over all the stuff we have planned for the future.
If you have ideas, suggestions for — hell, even complaints about — the site — put them in this thread and I’ll make sure we review.
We cannot promise to do everything you ask — but we will try our best.
Thanks

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I have to say that I rrally love this website (it May even be my favourite). I would personablussen likeer to see some pdf files with general theory stuff simply because i prefer to read stuff from paper compared to a screen. Also, when i sent someone a private message i’d like to be able to put more than 200 characters in the message. And (for now) the last thing, when you click on someone profile it would be nice to see their riffs so you can check those.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Ooh i forgot to say that it also would be nice to have some backingtracks at the lessons that papa gates does (at Syns etudes they are already included). This is mostly because it can be a bit hard to find good backingtracks on youtube

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Hi there.
It would be great if the forum could be divided into sections and sub-sections. So we can have a guitar-related section, music-related section etc. It would be much easier to navigate the forum that way. Also, I’d like if you could add an option for users to have signatures that show up below their posts. Maybe make the avatars appear as squares instead of circles.
As for the lessons themselves, a great feature would be translations. I know this is a hard thing to do, but for many people it would be easier if they just have the translation in their native speaking language. Me included, because for example, where I’m from, the B string is actually the H string, and so on. We have slight differences regarding stuff like that.

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
One bug I found on the site is when you are on a mobile phone and you go to the site and if you go directly to member forum it will ask you to log in (if you aren’t already) and after logging in you can’t access the forum. You click on forum and it just sends you back to syngates.com/login and it shows your profile.
But if you first go on the site and then log in then everything works fine.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ben Thorpe

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I’d like to see a backing tracks section of the website, which Brian has told me they’re already working on. Various mini-games to help people memorise key knowledge such as chord shapes, terminology, theory, scales etc would be very handy (especially for a noob such as myself). 🙂

k.robert

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Nov 11, 2019
Poland
Hi Patrick,
First of all, the site is awesome, you guys did a great job and thank you for your efforts to keep developing and expanding it. 🙂
I would like to see lessons on writing solos and improvising. For instance few longer videos with Papa Gates and Syn playing together, one of them could throw some chords and the other can play a solo over it and then they break it down (what key, why this scale, why these notes, why you landed on this note and not the other etc…)
A7x solos in “SYN’S ETUDES” style would be mind-blowingly awesome too. 😀

Zé Marques

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
The only complaint is that the backing tracks that Syn talks about in the CAGED, Modes and Melodic minor lessons are not available to us in the contents menu (The one Syn shows in his vid on how to use the video-player).
Other than that, the site is amazing.