• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Muting while tapping

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I personally practiced with one of those gruvgear damper things and after a while I some how managed to get it Pretty clean without one. I cant tell you really how I do it. I think I use the palm of my right hand mute stuff.

Syn Gates

🦾
Staff member
Legend+
Sep 18, 2019
Huntington Beach
I start out really slow and try to identify where the unwanted sound is coming from and then I do my best to mute that area whether it’s my right hand palm or my left hand thumb wrapped over the low strings(pitchwise). Sometimes it’s a little trickier than that but the key is going slow and identifying where the noise is coming from.

John Tierney

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I kind of do a semi bar, I ALWAYS have the tip of my finger on the adjacent string which mutes that and if I want to jump to that string I can “roll” on that string. For higher strings like the first one kind of make a bridge arch with your finger and pluck it to see if it’s muted and if I want to go there just simply flatten and there’s that string.
Hope this helps 😁