• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Special Message for the Holidays

RoaringRowanThunderBender

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Warrenton, NC
    rowm76.wixsite.com
    Wow, that is a lot of responsibility to take on Rowan, your Grandfather is very lucky to have you in his corner. Good to hear he is opening up to treatment and I hope the doctors visit helps.

All the best for the Holidays and I hope the New Year is a positive one for you (and for all).
    It is, but to be honest, I never regret it. No matter how hard it gets. Thank you and I hope so also!

Thank you and I'm hoping your (you and other $ynners) holidays are merry. But if not, I thought this would be a nice thread we could all share love in for the holidays. This year has been a shit storm for everyone.

• Love
    Reactions: Adin Shepherd

• Nov 11, 2019
    Warrenton, NC
    rowm76.wixsite.com
    *Keanu voice* YOU ARE BREATHTAKING!!

Thanks for that very emotional Post and for opening Up, Rowan. We're all familiy by now, you know that. We got your Back! Move Love and Happy Holidays despite the bullshit surrounding us in our lives!
    Thank you, Dom!

It's my pleasure...And we definitely are. You all have helped me so much through this situation without even really knowing. I just kind of needed a little extra love and figured talking to you guys would help me feel a little better. Happy holidays! We can still make this holiday merry!

• Love
    Reactions: Dominik Gräber

• Nov 11, 2019
    Warrenton, NC
    rowm76.wixsite.com
    Sorry to hear you are going through so much Ro. Sometimes we have to face really tough moments in life and this year has been specially heartbreaking for you. You've been very brave to share and I see a fighter in you.
    You are very special and deserve all the best. You have your friends here whenever you need. I hope things get better soon for you.

Can't wait to hear your song!!! This is exciting.

Enjoy your Holidays. Take care and keep shining ❤️
    Hey, $yster! That is very true and thank you so much. I'm doing my best to rely on you guys a little bit right now instead of trying to handle it all on my own.

I hope you guys have enjoyed the snippet!

I hope your holidays are jolly! Thank you so much for reaching out to me here and on IG. You're awesome. ♥

• Love
    Reactions: Mariler

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Hey, $ynner fam! This post is going to be very near and personal to me...but I'm also using all the bravery I can to write it. I'm going to open up very intimately with all of you and also try to encourage anyone who feels anything similar over the past poo-ey year. I've been very absent from school lately because frankly it's been a bit too much to handle with everything else. Over the past few days, I've felt a little depressed and pretty much a bit burnt out as well. For those of you who don't know me and may not be very familiar with me as a friend, the main reason is that my grandpa got very sick a few months ago and he's still pretty sick (and we're extremely close and have gotten even closer since his illness). Over the course of him being sick, I've taken on quite a few more chores and also the main position of being his caretaker pretty much and have had to deal with other bullshit on top. When he first got very sick, my mental health took a nosedive. Especially when all he would do is sleep and not much of anything. Then some mornings he'd wake up and have no idea where he was, and I'd do my best to completely hide how I felt until I could go outside to do my chores and just break down... I was having breakdowns daily...every single morning. It got to the point I thought I'd lose him and we were calling family to come to see him...before we thought he'd y'know....

But I'm lucky to have made some of the special friends I have here, and they have helped me change my mindset and the way I think drastically. Instead of, "oh my god, he's going to die, I won't see him again"...I went to, "I get one more day with you and I'm thankful for that..." And there have been some $ynners that are just literally lights and angels in my life seriously...and I have no idea what I would do without them. I can't imagine life without them as my friends anymore. My grandpa is still sick and has bad days, but nowhere near like he was. I worked my ass off to try to just get him back on his feet and convince myself that "everything's going to be okay" and "life is going to be so much more than I dreamed or ever imagined it could be". I continued to push myself to work on my guitar and music through it all. Some kind sponsors gave me the gift of two lessons with Bill to look forward to. And there have been days where they've just made me so thankful to know them and had me completely breaking down because I was just so happy I hadn't committed suicide in the sixth grade and gotten to meet them and where I am as a person and musician as I am today.

And let me tell you, today is one of my grandpa's bad days and it's also one of mine. Like I feel so down and burnt out and honestly, I don't want to do anything but sit here and cry. I don't feel like practicing or even watching my pretty jrock boys from Kiryu to laugh. So I wanted to make this post because sometimes the holidays are very difficult and very shitty...even without a pandemic to worry about for some. Thank you to those that have been kind and uplifting and supportive and showing nothing but love and constructive criticism at times. You have no idea what people are going through or how much it truly affects someone. You really can be a ray of light for some without ever realizing how beautifully you've touched them and just helped them continue on through their day. You have no idea how much you all have made me want to keep trying to wiggle and struggle on when I thought I just honestly couldn't. I hope you all know how much you are loved and appreciated. And I hope this thread gives others a chance to make some wonderful friends on here like I have been blessed to.

For those of you wondering, I tried to get my grandpa to the doctor, and no matter what he would not go...and he would get extremely cantankerous. Finally, last night he had my mother call to have a doctor set up and make a home visit and we're taking that step by step. My mental health is very good most days, but today is one of my more emotional ones.

Oh! I wanted to also happily announce that the entire month of November, I worked on a song with a friend...even with all of this still going on. I'm hoping I'll be able to share a little something soon when I can. Never give up on your dreams. It's ok to take breaks when it becomes too much, but I feel we can create some of our most beautiful artworks utilizing emotions.

Anyway, thank you so much for reading if you made it this far. All my love and thank you so much for helping without ever even truly knowing at times...You are all my little will o' wisps and so very special in many amazing ways. Please take good care of yourselves this holiday and feel free to come to this thread for some extra holiday lovings.

And trust me...for some very bad and horrendous moments, there are some breathtaking and extremely beautiful ones to heal them. Don't let a little rain put out your fire. Keep shining and make sure others get to see your light.
    We've never talked before, but I wish things get better for you. I know what it's like to feel depressed and this year took a toll on me, as well. When we are in our bad days, everything feels like falling apart, and many times we think that it's not worth to go through all of that anymore. But there's always tomorrow, and things will get better. It might take some time, but you have friends to support you. You have a purpose in this world and your existence is a gift to the many lives that you've touched. If you ever feel like giving up, just remember that.
    I hope your grandpa gets better. He's very lucky to have you.

Synner Endless Summer Collection
    J

Jak Angelescu

Just so that everyone knows that's following this thread, I will be starting a little go fund me page for Rowan and her family to receive flowers the way I did for Millie. But I'm going to wait until after the holidays. I spoke with Rowan this morning and I cannot tell anybody enough how strong that girl is. People say I'm strong, But she's at least a 100 times stronger than I am for what she went through for a long time.

We are all with you girl and we love you so much

beatrix

• Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    Just so that everyone knows that's following this thread, I will be starting a little go fund me page for Rowan and her family to receive flowers the way I did for Millie. But I'm going to wait until after the holidays. I spoke with Rowan this morning and I cannot tell anybody enough how strong that girl is. People say I'm strong, But she's at least a 100 times stronger than I am for what she went through for a long time.

exactly..💖😍

beatrix

• Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    Hey, $ynner fam! This post is going to be very near and personal to me...but I'm also using all the bravery I can to write it. I'm going to open up very intimately with all of you and also try to encourage anyone who feels anything similar over the past poo-ey year. I've been very absent from school lately because frankly it's been a bit too much to handle with everything else. Over the past few days, I've felt a little depressed and pretty much a bit burnt out as well. For those of you who don't know me and may not be very familiar with me as a friend, the main reason is that my grandpa got very sick a few months ago and he's still pretty sick (and we're extremely close and have gotten even closer since his illness). Over the course of him being sick, I've taken on quite a few more chores and also the main position of being his caretaker pretty much and have had to deal with other bullshit on top. When he first got very sick, my mental health took a nosedive. Especially when all he would do is sleep and not much of anything. Then some mornings he'd wake up and have no idea where he was, and I'd do my best to completely hide how I felt until I could go outside to do my chores and just break down... I was having breakdowns daily...every single morning. It got to the point I thought I'd lose him and we were calling family to come to see him...before we thought he'd y'know....

But I'm lucky to have made some of the special friends I have here, and they have helped me change my mindset and the way I think drastically. Instead of, "oh my god, he's going to die, I won't see him again"...I went to, "I get one more day with you and I'm thankful for that..." And there have been some $ynners that are just literally lights and angels in my life seriously...and I have no idea what I would do without them. I can't imagine life without them as my friends anymore. My grandpa is still sick and has bad days, but nowhere near like he was. I worked my ass off to try to just get him back on his feet and convince myself that "everything's going to be okay" and "life is going to be so much more than I dreamed or ever imagined it could be". I continued to push myself to work on my guitar and music through it all. Some kind sponsors gave me the gift of two lessons with Bill to look forward to. And there have been days where they've just made me so thankful to know them and had me completely breaking down because I was just so happy I hadn't committed suicide in the sixth grade and gotten to meet them and where I am as a person and musician as I am today.

And let me tell you, today is one of my grandpa's bad days and it's also one of mine. Like I feel so down and burnt out and honestly, I don't want to do anything but sit here and cry. I don't feel like practicing or even watching my pretty jrock boys from Kiryu to laugh. So I wanted to make this post because sometimes the holidays are very difficult and very shitty...even without a pandemic to worry about for some. Thank you to those that have been kind and uplifting and supportive and showing nothing but love and constructive criticism at times. You have no idea what people are going through or how much it truly affects someone. You really can be a ray of light for some without ever realizing how beautifully you've touched them and just helped them continue on through their day. You have no idea how much you all have made me want to keep trying to wiggle and struggle on when I thought I just honestly couldn't. I hope you all know how much you are loved and appreciated. And I hope this thread gives others a chance to make some wonderful friends on here like I have been blessed to.

For those of you wondering, I tried to get my grandpa to the doctor, and no matter what he would not go...and he would get extremely cantankerous. Finally, last night he had my mother call to have a doctor set up and make a home visit and we're taking that step by step. My mental health is very good most days, but today is one of my more emotional ones.

Oh! I wanted to also happily announce that the entire month of November, I worked on a song with a friend...even with all of this still going on. I'm hoping I'll be able to share a little something soon when I can. Never give up on your dreams. It's ok to take breaks when it becomes too much, but I feel we can create some of our most beautiful artworks utilizing emotions.

Anyway, thank you so much for reading if you made it this far. All my love and thank you so much for helping without ever even truly knowing at times...You are all my little will o' wisps and so very special in many amazing ways. Please take good care of yourselves this holiday and feel free to come to this thread for some extra holiday lovings.

And trust me...for some very bad and horrendous moments, there are some breathtaking and extremely beautiful ones to heal them. Don't let a little rain put out your fire. Keep shining and make sure others get to see your light.
    i can feel you 100%...i know what you’ve been trough. i lost my grandma years ago and i still miss her, she was like a mother, she was my second mother..it’s been so hard, but please be strong, always. if you need, i’m here and i can give you my support..lots of love🤍🤍

Kat the metalhead

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 20, 2020
    Ontario Canada

She is extremely strong! I talked with her for a while when she got the news and she took it really well! and even cracked jokes with me lol I think I was more shocked than she was to be honest haha. Love ya so so much Rowan! If you need anything you know I’m here 🥰 @RoaringRowanThunderBender