• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Staying cool while onstage

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
Accept the fact that there are going to be mistakes because that’s fine. 90% of people don’t even notice them. Don’t look at your guitar neck the whole time, try to look at the audience here and there if you can. Just try to focus on playing instead thinking that you are in front of people. The first time performing is always nerve-racking but once you do it you will feel more comfortable with playing in front of people. Hope this helps and tell us how it went!!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Accepting mistakes is probably the most important. Mistakes will always hallen even the greats make them. If you are able to warm up properly before a show might also be a good idea. I always notice that I make more mistakes at the start of the show and that is probably because I have no room to properly warm up

Tory Capman

One Stringer
Nov 11, 2019
Good luck Matt! We’d all love to see video if anyone is recording!!!:) I make mistakes every time I perform, and guess who notices? Me, one or two other dudes in the band, and anyone in the crowd that knows how to play whatever song I messed up on! Just don’t acknowledge the mistake, pretend like you did it on purpose! Confidence is key, I know you’ll do great!

Lenore M

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
If you make any mistakes (not saying you will), but if it happens, just pretend like you meant to do it. Once I told the room, “Just wanted to see if you guys were paying attention!”, (I sang the wrong words) and everyone laughed it off. Show went on smoothly. Good luck! Post it if you can.