• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Tube Amp VS Solid state.

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Nashville tn.
Two of my fav pedals: TS & Big Muff. You can do a ton of damage with those two pedals. I'm old school so I love to throw some delay on my stuff. The nice thing about delay is that virtually every delay pedal does the same thing. If you want to splurge, you can go with an analog delay or a delay that mimics tape delay. Wampler has a great Tape Delay pedal. There are also lots of pedals out there that do multiple things - like the Strymon Mobius; chorus, flanger, Leslie, etc. Those are a ton of fun if you want to get some weird sounds or just thicken up the sound you already have. $$$
You can quickly get stuck down the rabbit hole when it comes to pedals. I have about a hundred. lol
I have a peavy amp with most of those built in but i really dont care for it..im looking at a line6 right now

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Thanks so much ! Gotta say, I love the fact that you love the big muff too ! 😍 also, it’s fun as hell to say...big muff....hehe...

I’ve actually been thinking about a down tune pedal. I’ve seen mixed reviews on them. Ya know my fender can’t handle anything lower than a drop D 😂 so I thought that could help.

The Digitech Drop is probably the best of them. I definitely still hear little things in it that I don't like, but it's better than my AxeFX at pitch shifting. Ironically, the very BEST I've used at pitch shifting was the Line6 Pod HD500 - whatever they were doing for pitch shifting was amazing.

• Love
    Reactions: Alicia Willis

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    The Digitech Drop is probably the best of them. I definitely still hear little things in it that I don't like, but it's better than my AxeFX at pitch shifting. Ironically, the very BEST I've used at pitch shifting was the Line6 Pod HD500 - whatever they were doing for pitch shifting was amazing.
    Thanks Ed ! You always have the answers I swear ! Lol. You’re the man !

• Love
    Reactions: Ed Seith
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    I had heard that a while back but wasnt sure how good they were...be perfect for me its a bitch drop tuning a floyd rose
    Oh dude i feel your pain i love floyd’s but hate the maintenance and tuning on them. I stick with standard gibson bridges now, so its easy to drop tune and adjust action and intonation whenever needed. That is until i get bored and mod my explorer to have a trem system like allen collins did on his😂🤘

Reactions: John Robinson

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I had heard that a while back but wasnt sure how good they were...be perfect for me its a bitch drop tuning a floyd rose

Mind you, it drops ALL of it, not one string. A drop pedal will not take you from standard to Drop D. It can take you from E standard to D standard, or Drop D to Drop C or Drop C#, but it will not change the tuning of individual strings, for clarity's sake.

Nocturne

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Dec 1, 2019
    France
    Thanks so much ! Gotta say, I love the fact that you love the big muff too ! 😍 also, it’s fun as hell to say...big muff....hehe...

I’ve actually been thinking about a down tune pedal. I’ve seen mixed reviews on them. Ya know my fender can’t handle anything lower than a drop D 😂 so I thought that could help.
    Have you tried changing your strings for a heavier gauge?

Synner Endless Summer Collection