• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Etude challenge

Autumn

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Portland, Oregon
    Awesome! Let me think of one tomorrow morning when I'm sober(hungover). Which techniques do you already know?

I know tapping, alternate picking, and some very shaky legato (three note per string pull offs are a huge challenge for me). I have not tried sweep picking or economy picking but I am willing to try! Enjoy and cheers! :ROFLMAO:🍾🍹🍻

Reactions: idssdi
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I think a lesson in general will generate more beginner interest. With the etude being the ultimate challenge. I havent tried a single one. But I may start doing some pentatonic ones. I would do pgs blues ones.. but I can't lie I enjoy seeing what I can come up with. Some of the stuff that comes on the spot blows me away.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I personally don't think it's a good Challenge. I mean, If I wanted to try an etude I'd Just do it. And then a great amount of Players Here would Not be able to deliver in reasonable time. I couldn't
    I feel like if you wanted to play it you can just do it counts for any challenge we do. In the end the idea of a challenge for me is to be brought out of my comfort zone a little bit. It doesn't always have to be that you can learn it within a day or a week for that matter. If it takes a month to get down that's fine too. Maybe this particular challenge is more aimed towards the more technically advanced players but I feel like beginners could take a look at the etudes too but just not play them at warp speed like Syn does.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    You've also been learning the theory part much longer then I have you're at a point where you probably dont need to think about what scale you wanna choose I'm still making choices on the fly and still trying to push limits in lessons.. speed isnt a concern for me so the etudes are kind of pointless. I'm more interested in how the numbers line up and getting my positions down in different ways I haven't tried yet. Maybe in a few months I'll try to do some of the etudes but well see. I forget about them a lot too. Lol

Reactions: idssdi