• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hello everyone I'm new Take 2

Kevin Kwasneski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hello everyone! My name is Kevin, I was invited here by Alicia, (The Mommy Guitarist via youtube). I registered 2 weeks or so ago but, hadn’t posted yet because I didn’t know what to say. But I will try to introduce myself the best I can. And tried posting a few days ago but my new post didn’t show up. So here is take 2.
I’ve been a basement player for around 16 years and love guitar and music. I posted on youtube a lot when it first came out around 2006 it was a nice place to meet other guitar players, collaborate, etc. I really don’t like what it has become now, just alt tags, fake videos, and and the focus on views. I stumbled upon Alicia’s video when I was practicing and such and asked her if I could solo over it and then she told me about this community. I went through about 70 pages of comments before writing this one lol. I like meeting nice guitarists rather than ones who just slam you because they can and are mean. You can tell me I suck lol, but you have to tell me why, then show me how to play it better. Anyway, here is a cover I did of the Power Rangers Ninja Steel theme song because I’m nerd Power Rangers fan lol.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X1qmWO8bi7JkStBo3Q-0rH9V9V2UEm94/view?usp=sharing
So in that video, that guitar is one I’ve built. I had seen some people asking about Floyd Rose tunings, action adjustments, etc. I love building and working on guitars, so I can try to help any way I can. And I’ve always wanted to teach, so hopefully I can share some of that knowledge with all of you and you all can teach me some stuff as well. Michael Angelo Batio said in one of his interviews, “Always think like a student.”
I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving,
Kevin

Kevin Kwasneski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Thanks for the welcome! And I tried to post a video in my post above, but it didn’t seem to like the html embed from youtube, but lets try again. Yep didnt work via embed from Youtube or Facebook, so here is the link:

And no worries, my previous position was integration and IT for a digital signage company. So technical difficulties were a daily thing for me.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Kevin Kwasneski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Thanks! I agree the OG Rangers were always the best. But I had never seen a guitar sword before and I was itching to do another build, so I was like, challenge accepted lol. The hilt actually is braced with a metal rod and plate and adhered with automotive bondo. So you could swing it like a real sword and smack someone with it and it would be fine.

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    Welcome to the site Kevin.
    Yeah, I went through the same experiences with the posts being deleted as you. Mostly, when you post a new topic, do not edit the first post of it if you made a mistake. It goes bye bye.
    Can you please instruct me on how did you actually manage to embed the video? I tried html as well but it didn’t work for me.
    Hopw you have a good time here.

J

Jak Angelescu

As of right now people are still having issues getting verified. There have been many new accounts that haven’t been able to post to the riff section and it still hasn’t been resolved yet. But feel free to make a post about it here and share your video in the forms and everyone will comment on them 🙂